Locked out of account

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I signed up a while back for an evernote account. I usually use the "email+label@gmail.com" system to sign up for various services from my personal Gmail account.  If you aren't familiar,  basically you can use a string after the plus sign (+) and it'll still end up in your inbox, but you can route the messages to different folders or determine if certain services sold your email address or not.  However after making my Evernote account, I discovered that although my workplace uses Gmail, the +label feature is disabled and I don't receive any emails sent that way. 

I used Evernote for a while and then got a pop-up saying "Is my.name+evernote@domain.com still your email address?" I tried to change it to just my.name@domain.com however nothing happened when I tried. Now I am signed out of my account and can't recall my password. There is no way for me to reset the password because I can't receive any email for the account. I'd prefer not to lose all my notes if possible.

There is no way to contact support since I'm using the free plan. Is there anyone on the staff active on these forums that could help to manually change my email address? 

• Level 5*
  • Solution
7 hours ago, Chris B2 said:

Is there anyone on the staff active on these forums that could help to manually change my email address?

Hi.  Sorry - it's the Holidays and Evernote just launched the new v10 generating lots of requests for help so Support is going to be very busy for some time.  If it's of any help you won't lose your notes,  though you may not be able to access them for a while.  If you can manage meantime on another account I'd suggest trying the Support page - look out for a 'guest' option to raise a ticket - or use https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

For future reference - How to change your account login email address

On 12/29/2020 at 8:53 AM, Chris B2 said:

I used Evernote for a while and then got a pop-up saying "Is my.name+evernote@domain.com still your email address?" I tried to change it to just my.name@domain.com however nothing happened when I tried.

Something to be aware of - as far an EN is concerned, "name+tag@address" and "name@address" are 2 completely different accounts. (As an ex-evernote employee, that was a great way to create a bunch of test accounts)

• Like 2

Yup thanks. I ended up getting the issue resolved through support by figuring out the username for the account after we found the exact email address I used. Eventually I guessed enough passwords that I found the right one. But yeah the + trick is quite useful.  Rarely a site tries to trim it off or won’t allow it, but generally works well. Thanks for pointing me to the twitter support account

• Like 2