Request regarding addition of default font size and type feature

Arjun Singh Dyarakoti

Idea

Please, add the feature of default fonts size and type in the new version of Evernote. This was available in older version, but I can't see this in new version. Hence, request admin to add this feature. This feature is helpful as it helps user keep their notes' fonts similar across all the notes. If the same thing is to be done manually, it would be very tiresome work. Therefore, I urge the admin to add this feature in the new applicaiton.

• Like 6

11 replies to this idea

Upgrading and losing all the type styling in my previous notes was a major bummer. As is the loss of the ability to set a default font, size and color for all notes. I love Evernote, but this is killing me and will likely cause me to go to a competitor.

In support of Arjun Singh:

To be able, as a user, to define the default font's size and type is a basic requirement. That it should have been dropped from the Premium version (at least) requires justification. May we please have a date as to when this basic requirement will be restored?

• Like 1

It is very dumb that this feature is not present already. It's kind of infuriating that I have to do so much editing after saving an article through the Web Clipper. And one of those is changing the font size. It would save me a lot of time and frustration if I could at least control the default size of the font.

Same for me.

I am disappointed about default font sizes. All notes use enlarged fonts, compared to the previous version

I hate large letters on a large screen! I am disappointed, really!

Please add an option to change the default sizes, like it was in the old version.
Got the impression this version is full of beginner mistakes.

best regards

Alois

• Like 1

Me too!

I also have the problem where if I delete a word from a table and type a new one, the font size reverts to the original (10). Any suggestions on how to fix that? Didn't see a solution on this forum

Just found this answer from Gazumped:

Hi.  Release notes mention that preferences will follow in due course,  but meantime there is (AFAIK) no flexibility in font choices.  What you see is what you get.

1 hour ago, Newbie643 said:

I also have the problem where if I delete a word from a table and type a new one, the font size reverts to the original (10). Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Interesting. In my experience it depends on exactly how you delete the word. If you highlight the whole cell and press delete it does indeed revert back to the default font. You can see that in the editing menu at the top of the note.  I would expect that to happen because I've deleted everything in the cell including the formatting. If on the other hand I select the word only (e.g. by double clicking the word) and delete it the formatting is retained.

I think on balance this is how I would expect it to operate. 

image.png.6d0702649ed7504ef655321837f38db8.png

---  OR ---

image.png.8b17da6f498c46cc020f979bae494528.png

22 minutes ago, BernieO said:

Still waiting for more flexibility in default font size... The default font is way too large on a big monitor.

Until it happens, if it ever does, your best option is to set up the 4 text formats (large header, medium header etc) how you want them and save the note as a template. Then use that template for future notes. It isn't going to help with existing notes but I think it is the only workaround at present. 

• Like 1

Thanks re workaround using templates.

BUT - even in existing notes, when adding new lines, Evernote uses an intolerable default font size !!

**DEFAULT FONT SIZE** across all notes should be easy to set. **DO IT**.

I also have other issues with the new version (spinning wheel waiting for sync or something) - and am thinking of LEAVING EVERNOTE after many years.