I have had - and used heavily - Evernote for iOS installed for as long as I can recall.  I relied on the information daily, and loved the design and functionality of the app.  Just amazing.

But the new app... we all know of the challenges and failures, but yesterday I  did what was previously unthinkable:  I just removed the app from my iPhone - the final straw happened after moving 2,200 notes from one notebook to another in the legacy desktop application; this took 5-10 minutes.  

Last night I opened the iPhone app and it was stuck at the elephant logo - and thus unusable - for at least 10 minutes (I walked away after 10 minutes, with the elephant logo still on the screen.)

When I came back to the phone, the notes were visible, and the app was mirroring the synchronization from the desktop app, moving notes 1 to 2 at a time and after an hour I just shut down the app and deleted it from my phone.  It's just sad and infuriating.   

• Level 5*

I assume you had the notebooks set to 'offline searchable' which means every single MB of the new arrangement had to be downloaded to the phone.  That's not the app slowing things down.  That's because downloading notebooks to mobile devices is set to low priority on the assumption you want to use them for other things too,  and also depends on your internet / network connection.

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

I assume you had the notebooks set to 'offline searchable' which means every single MB of the new arrangement had to be downloaded to the phone.  That's not the app slowing things down.  That's because downloading notebooks to mobile devices is set to low priority on the assumption you want to use them for other things too,  and also depends on your internet / network connection.

Yes, that's correct - they are offline notebooks.  But since the content was already downloaded, what is the  benefit of of the app downloading all over again the content?

What I was trying to say was that the new app is so much slower than the old app at doing the same tasks, that I felt the only option was to rely solely on the legacy desktop app.

• Level 5*

Oh - I see:  I thought you'd changed the notebooks over on a desktop and had to wait for the iPhone to catch up.  My bad.  Anyhow - the best solution seem to be to stick with the previous public version until development catches up.  That's certainly what I'm doing...  🙂