Import Folder

Trufagia

Idea

Hey.  I can't seem to find a way to create an EN Import Folder. Used to be under Tools. Now? I can't find it or any reference except older help searches that says it's under Tools. Is it no longer available? I used it a lot and found it convenient for me. I'm on EN vers 10.5.7. I'm guessing I'm in the minority of EN users that found it helpful because I don't see it referenced by others. Then again, it may just be me and don't know how to create it under the later versions. Just looking for confirmation of its demise or need to look for it elsewhere in EN.

• Like 4

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Evernote says Import Folders are a pending feature for the Version 10 product; we expect implementation shortly

If this feature is critical to your workflow - use the Legacy product

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, PROFMOSS said:

How do I tell Evernote what directories to look for .pdf files?  There was a menu setting in the old version.

Is this a reference to Import folders?
We know implementation of import folders is pending; we expect implementation shortly

From the release notes  please be aware that there are a handful of features—such as AppleScript, import folders, and the ability to edit note creation dates—that are not yet available. If your workflow depends on these features, you can continue to use our legacy apps.

The Legacy app can be installed at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

Well.... In the old version, there was an option to indicate multiple directories that Evernote would automatically import the files every time the program ran.  I need to have some way to point Evernote to particular folders.

In the old version, if I used a scanner to create a .pdf in the directory, for instance "E:\pdf", the next time I started Evernote, the new files there would be imported into new notes, automatically.  That is a vital feature for me.