Why don't these shortcuts work?

Rainbow-Moonshine
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Idea

Edit: Question answered.
I've made some tables containing EN's shortcuts to memorize them, and I came across several shortcuts that don't work. EN doesn't let you change most of its shortcuts, plus I couldn't find much info about these non-functional ones online, so I figured that perhaps r/Evernote might be able to help me out. Btw, I'm on Win 8.1. and I'm not using EN legacy.

The non-functional shortcuts are below. I've gathered them from EN's article on its shortcuts.
Function
Shortcut
Full screen
F11
Minimize
Ctrl+M
Show All Notes list
Ctrl+Alt+1
Show Notebook list
Ctrl+Alt+2
Show Tags list
Ctrl+Alt+3
Jump to shortcuts 1-9
Ctrl+1-9
Set focus to note list
Ctrl+Alt+\
Move back
Ctrl+[
Move forward
Ctrl+]
Switch to another user
Ctrl+Alt+A
Show navigation menu
F10
Hide Evernote
Ctrl+H
Quit Evernote
Ctrl+Q
Search Notes
F6
Reset Search
Ctrl+Shift+A
Check Spelling
F7
Search Saved Searches
Alt+F3
Set focus in the note editor of the selected note
Enter

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Solution
5 hours ago, Rainbow-Moonshine said:

I've made some tables containing EN's shortcuts to memorize them, and I came across several shortcuts that don't work. EN doesn't let you change most of its shortcuts, plus I couldn't find much info about these non-functional ones online, so I figured that perhaps r/Evernote might be able to help me out. Btw, I'm on Win 8.1. and I'm not using EN legacy.

The new version of En (Versions 10.x) have a completely new ststem of keyboard shortcuts. As of the latest version (10.5.6) you can obtain a list by using the shortcut  cltrl+/ (or help -> keyboard shortcuts). Be warned though that, as noted elsewhere in this forum, a few of these either don't work at all or do not work how you would expect them to.

• Sad 1

I can confirm the problem with shortcuts on the newest Evernote version 10.5.7 using a German keyboard and a clean install of up-to-date windows 10. As OP stated, many shortcuts (that you can see in the app by opening the shortcut list) DO NOT WORK or seem to work sporadically. Example:

CTRL+ALT+2 Does not always open a notebooks list. When I am in a note I get a superscrtipt "2" written into the note instead.

CTRL+1: go to the first favorite (shortcut): sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I can't even figure out why / when. Seems totally random

ALT+ARROW-LEFT (-RIGHT): When I have selected a notebook and click through the list of notebooks. I cannot navigate back or forth. Does not work at all

CTRL+ALT+\: focus on note list does not work with German keyboard at all. If evernote is only for English keyboards I'd rather use something else. Why can't we edit the keyboard shortcuts at least???

These are only a few examples. Overall I have the feeling that only 20-30% of the shortcuts work consistently. The rest is extremely buggy. It is a shame really.