iOS and iPad Sync issues to iMac

Go to solution Solved by WilliamL,

Hi. I'm having syncing problems. If I write a Note on my iPhone or iPad using v10.2, the note (or changes) do not sync with my Mac running Evernote 10.4.4. My Mac is running latest v 11.0.1. If, however, I create a Note on my Mac (or make changes) the Note syncs without problem to my iPhone and iPad. I've signed-out and back in with each of the three apps, but that didn't resolve the syncing issues. I'd appreciate any suggestions that might solve this. For your guidance, all three devices are using the same wifi network at home, so that's not the cause. 

Details: iOS and iPad v.10.2. iMac v.10.4.4 running Big Sur 11.0.1.

• Solution

Only thing I have found that stops the sync issues is dont leave the app running in the background and pull down on notes list to force sync when finished editing a note.  I also don't use Evernote in first instance if data is essential but apple notes and copy it over when I get the opportunity.  

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

...  dont leave the app running in the background and pull down on notes list to force sync when finished editing a note....

Thanks, William. I think the iOS app versions lost the spinning wheel with the latest update to v10. It's a checkbox now. I'd like to see the return of the spinning thingy, personally.

2 minutes ago, Miskmask said:

Thanks, William. I think the iOS app versions lost the spinning wheel with the latest update to v10. It's a checkbox now. I'd like to see the return of the spinning thingy, personally.

Hey, the spinning wheel is still there - if you pull down on the notes list on the left side when you are in a stack or in all notes (my usual space is working from all notes), if you pull down a fair bit the spinning wheel will appear and sync your changes.  This has been working fairly stably for me, I have not lost any data (as long as I remember to do this).  It doesnt always work the other way - ie changes on my windows computer that wont appear on my ios app - a force close of the ios app resolves that though.

• Like 1