Selecting Parent Tag also selects all Child Tags (just like notebook stacks)

buckethead

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, buckethead said:

of course no notes have ALL tags applied to them.

We got the "all child tags" feature
There is a bug - the filter is "all", it should be "any"

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, buckethead said:

It would be great if parent tags selected all child tags. Just like with notebooks if deleting the stack all notebooks in the stack are shown.

Screenshot is from my Mac606392223_ScreenShot2020-12-07at12_00_01.png.2d3c6d8af1204871d568cfec9bcdc6a1.png
Using the tags page and selecting a tag
By default all child tags are added to the filter

Yep - but when filtering without sub-tags no notes show up as the notes are not tagged with the parent. And when selecting the parent tag ALL tags are selected and of course no notes have ALL tags applied to them.

So the request is have all tasks that are tagged with a child to automatically be tagged with the parent? So in my image examples if I choose insurance all notes tagged with the child tags would be selected as well. 

Really parent tags should work like notebook stacks and show all notes that have child tags.

image.png.978244a32025df1980bad491fbf60197.png

image.png.0e58bb940be16d932c72fc8a2797eb02.png

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

We got the "all child tags" feature
There is a bug - the filter is "all", it should be "any"

Where is this bug noted? I spent some time digging around forums and did not see anything. I just assume that this is how EN set it up - the intended behavior.

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Thanks for the link I did not see that post in my searches. That post though says it is the current expected behavior - though EN admits it is not very useful. Nothing in there about it changing though though beyond asking. Hopefully in an upcoming release they do update this.