So I reached my maximum upload limit after I cancled my membership. I'm trying to create or write in a note but the moment I stop typing I get an popup saying I've reached my limit and upgrade to upload it to the cloud. I click stop syncing so I can keep working but it just keeps poping up. I know for sure that even though you reached your limit, you can still create or work on notes without that thing poping up every second. How do I stop Evernote from syncing so I can actually use Evernote.....

• Level 5*

Hi.  v10 doesn't have an unsynced notes option,  so anything you do has to be within your account limits.  You could start another Basic account and copy/ paste this content there,  or go back to the Legacy app to use a local notebook...

• Level 5

Each change of an existing note will sync as a new note. Not just the change, the whole note counts.

Furthermore the individual note size limit for Premium is way higher than for Basic. 

So there are two ways sync may fail: Because you exhausted you monthly limit, or a note is too large to upload after it was changed.