Notes Not Staying in Notebook They are moved To

I've tried this in the legacy version (6.25) and the 10.0 version and both have the issue. When moving a note from one notebook to another, by any means, it shortly moves the note back to the original notebook. It appears it might be happening during sync. This issue showed up yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing??

20 minutes ago, pgbobs said:

I've tried this in the legacy version (6.25) and the 10.0 version and both have the issue. When moving a note from one notebook to another, by any means, it shortly moves the note back to the original notebook. It appears it might be happening during sync. This issue showed up yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing??

Not at the moment. If you think it is a sync issue I would try it on the web version as that works directly on the data base.

• Evernote Expert

If you have both v10 and the legacy version installed it could be caused by accessing the note in the other version before the sync has completed right through the chain. This is one of the issues that can be faced having both versions installed together.  In particular the legacy version syncs every 5 minutes so lags version 10.  As @Mike P says, try making changes in the web version and see if that works. Then work only in, say, the new desktop version and check that changes stick in that platform.  If that works OK, use the legacy version after forcing a sync and see if that works using only the legacy.

• Like 1

Thanks for commenting Mike. That makes sense that having two versions on my laptop could cause a problem and I did have both on my machine initially, but I no longer have 10 version and am only running legacy. It continues to happen in legacy and when I close legacy on my laptop and open EN in web version and the issues remains. I move notes from one folder to another and although it appears to work, the notes are moved back to my inbox within a few minutes. 

Is it possible there are still vestiges of EN on my laptop that are not deleted when I do an unistall on my Windows 10 laptop? With EN support being overwhelmed, this forum is my only means to get this corrected. Thanks again for chiming in. 

Phil

I did try uninstalling by first closing EN legacy on my laptop by File>Exit and then Windows 10 uninstall. I then opened EN web version and moved a few notes out of my inbox and they moved back to my inbox in a few minutes. 

I think @agsteele 's suggestions are spot on. The key is to do manual syncs to make sure everything is up to date. 

Before you try to move anything I would do a manual sync in the legacy version and then check that everything is where it should be by comparing the legacy and web versions. Then move something in the legacy version and again manually sync. Then check that the move has been reflected in the web version.

V10 and the legacy versions  use completely different local data bases so provide V10 is closed it shouldn't be a problem.

That may be, but I'm thinking the problem lies somewhere else. I deleted the legacy app and all files in the "Evernote" folder on my laptop and tested the issue on the web version only. The problem persists. Per your suggestion, I am now reinstalling the legacy version on my laptop and will follow your sync suggestions, including turning off any automatic syncing. Fingers and toes are crossed. 

BTW, there is a bug in the web version. When I click to open an attached pdf on a note, the preview for that pdf remains, even if I move to another note. The only way to get it right, is to refresh the page. 

I turned off all automatic syncing on my laptop and tried manually syncing; then went to the web version, and the note had moved to the correct notebook. But then the note showed back up in the web version in the original notebook, a few minutes later. Then it showed up on my laptop version again. 

This was all after completely deleting EN from my laptop and reinstalling with all automatic syncing turned off. It's getting pretty frustrating...

Problem solved. I was reading an EN forum note from 2015 on a similar subject and it mentioned  "Evernote Addins" as being a potential culprit. I recalled I had done some things in Filterize, including having it copy all mail in my email inbox to EN. I deleted that filter and the problem disappeared. 

I'm relieved beyond words...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...