Viewing web clippings in dark mode - color issue

This issue is not specific to a particular version, it is present everywhere (mac, windows, web...)?

- Set up Evernote with dark theme

- Find a web page with a proper dark mode, with a dark background and light font

- Clip the "full webpage" or clip the "article"

- The clipped web page in the app will be white with dark text

The fact that Evernote will turn light webpages dark when using the dark mode is great, but it doesn't make any sense to invert the colors when the page is already dark.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, Vstk said:

The fact that Evernote will turn light webpages dark when using the dark mode is great, but it doesn't make any sense to invert the colors when the page is already dark.

Dark mode simply inverts the display without actually changing data, you can avoid clipping background colors by using simplified article mode, though it can mess up tables and graphics to some degree.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, Don Dz said:

Dark mode simply inverts the display

Thankfully, this is not accurate.

without actually changing data

I am not saying it should

you can avoid clipping background colors by using simplified article mode

I know, but this is besides my point. I suggest that dark mode should not do whatever it is doing when it comes to HTML content that already has a dark background. This is not very complex. I can't be the only one who thinks a dark HTML clipping should not be restyled by Evernote when in dark mode?...

3 hours ago, Vstk said:

Thankfully, this is not accurate.

I am not a programmer, but in web browsers that seems to be the case, in implementing Windows 10 dark mode, I am not sure what would be the difference.

3 hours ago, Vstk said:

I know, but this is besides my point. I suggest that dark mode should not do whatever it is doing when it comes to HTML content that already has a dark background. This is not very complex. I can't be the only one who thinks a dark HTML clipping should not be restyled by Evernote when in dark mode?...

That makes sense to me, I just have not seen a program that does this intelligently.

As an example, you could check out the "dark reader" browser extension, and try it with any website that has a built-in dark theme such as reddit or a discourse forum. It will not invert the colors.

It is not a note taking app but it is essentially the same problem.

• 1 month later...