"Sync error" --> note content deleted

Hello all,

Yesterday I was taking notes during a class (after having installed the new version of Evernote, which is suuuper buggy), and I got a "sync error" message and was prompted to reload the note. When I reloaded the note, I lost some of the note's content. This happened 3 times in 10 minutes, with me losing content each time. There was no internet connectivity issue, as I was livestreaming the class with no problems.

Even if there had been an internet connectivity problem, though, I was under the impression that Evernote saved all notes locally - therefore there would be no reason for a "sync error" to delete note content. Is there a way to force Evernote to work offline, so that there's no risk of a sync error deleting note content? Or some other solution? I honestly don't care if my notes are synced to the cloud, as I use Evernote exclusively via the program on my computer. I simply want to avoid losing content, especially during a class I cannot go back and listen to again.

Thanks for your help!

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm old school.  I'd rather take notes on paper (very few battery or connection issues there...) and copy / rewrite the full abstract later with images of the original notes.

If you want to be hi-tech,  and while Evernote 10 seems to be ever so slightly flaky in lots of ways,  I'd suggest the Legacy version as safer ground...

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote