Edit Protection Does Not Protect Against Edits

14 hours ago, southernforge said:

With edit protection enabled in Notes under Settings, I can still change the title of a note, and have the edit saved.  This was uncomfortable to realize.  Is edit protection supposed to protect all aspects of a note from being changed or tampered with?

1 hour ago, jilliant said:

I am baffled by this too. Like what is the point of the "Edit" button when you can touch the note and it goes into edit mode?? This is such an obvious oversight that I'm wondering if this is some kind of trick.

Edit protection has worked like intended for me, but I'm super methodical in how I interact with my notes. I did have my husband "look" at a note and didn't say anything to him about edit protection or the edit button to see what he ended up doing and he ended up brushing his finger against the edit button which allowed the edits even with protection turned on. There should be a setting where if edit protection is turned on the big blue edit button is removed or changes to a lock icon or something similar to prevent hitting it. Thus forcing a double tap to edit.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Edit protection has worked like intended for me, but I'm super methodical in how I interact with my notes. I did have my husband "look" at a note and didn't say anything to him about edit protection or the edit button to see what he ended up doing and he ended up brushing his finger against the edit button which allowed the edits even with protection turned on. There should be a setting where if edit protection is turned on the big blue edit button is removed or changes to a lock icon or something similar to prevent hitting it. Thus forcing a double tap to edit.

The only difference that edit lock does is instead of tapping once to get into edit, you need to doubletap. So I don't see why there's even a need for the edit button at all though, locked or not.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jilliant said:

The only difference that edit lock does is instead of tapping once to get into edit, you need to doubletap. So I don't see why there's even a need for the edit button at all though, locked or not.

I opened a support ticket with Evernote regarding this issue.  Will post their response(s).

• Like 1