I beta tested the new version and gave forthright feedback - and got no initial feed back to that - which is a no no for Beta testers in my preious life.

To add insult to injury the CEO then requested that Beta testers give feedack - BLOODY FURIOUS. I was not polite in my reply.

So on advice from these boards, I reverted to the old version - had to re-install it every few days as somehow the newly labelled and usable old versionw version kept failing to come up whilst new version took over.

To-day I couldn't even use my carefully labelled and usable old version  ("Evernote_6.25.1.9091 do not destroy this old working version.exe") but somewhere on these boards I found a reference to "Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe" and a download link, which happily does work and gives me the old version. Presumably my version had got corrupted.
I used the new version for a couple of hours.

TO RE-ITERATE - it is HOPELESS.

I don't think any of my and others complaints have been sorted.
The main thing from this morning's session is  

S L O W N E S S           It is bordering on unusable.
Wasted screen space  (space and half between items on note list)
Search is now across whole database and not hightlighted notebook (give us the option with two search boxes)
When going to Evernote on web, all it wants to do is log one onto ones own databse - getting these pages is not intuitive

At least Ctrl+B now works or bold!

Wake up Evernote!

Hobjob
David Jobson
UK
david@jobson.ws

• Level 5*

Hi.  I moved you to the Windows 6.25 issues forum for somewhere more Windows-y to put this post.  You might want to delete your email address - it's a public forum and  spam-fodder just attracts undesirables.

I can understand your frustrations, but 6.25.1 is alive and well on my laptop and working fine...  for clarity do you still have v10 installed too?  I assume there was a reason they updated 25.1 to 25.2 in the legacy version,  which may mean having your current setup is part of the issue.  I'd suggest purging your system of everything Evernote-related.  (Revo free is good for that...) and after a restart,  just install 6.25.1 - and disable the updating options!  That should get you back to a stable footing,  and then - maybe - consider where to go from there...

EDIT:  when I say 'purge' I also mean keep a backup copy of your database folder.  Just in case...

• Like 2