Unselect all check boxes missing from v 10.1.7 (windows)

bobgott

Idea

The new release of evernote v 10.1.7 for Windows 10 seems to have removed the capability to Unselect all check boxes.

This was accomplished via a right mouse click in a note screen.

Can you please help bring back this feature?

• Like 1

12 replies to this idea

But for real checklists, the use of the new checklist item is what EN intends us to use

The new checklist item also does NOT have check all/uncheck all.

I understand about the templates but that is a lot of work just to uncheck some boxes.  I have submitted a ticket.

Ticket# 3194092 - Unselect all check boxes missing from v 10.1.7 (windows)

Edited by bobgott
adding ticket
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, joeever said:

I agree that we really should have the ability to uncheck all boxes at once.  It is the fastest easiest way to re-use a checklist.  I am one person who used this feature in prior versions.

It was raised in the preview or beta and unusually there was a fairly definitive statement that it wasn't coming back. I personally don't like using a template for something like a packing list. I like to make changes as I go and remembering to save it as a new template is  a pain and an easy thing to forget to do.

The easiest workaround I have found is to first select the entire checklist. Then remove the checklist boxes by clicking the checklist menu item. Then reinsert them by clicking the checklist menu item again. It works well provided you have a simple checklist i.e. not multiple checklists with lots of headings and text between. You can still do it but you have to select each checklist individually.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mike P said:

It was raised in the preview or beta and unusually there was a fairly definitive statement that it wasn't coming back.

Wow, I hope that isn't true. If so, I'm a pretty UNHAPPY customer

• Level 5

The check box item is practically only a special design option any longer. Yes, they could probably implement something like this.

But for real checklists, the use of the new checklist item is what EN intends us to use. So maybe they focus their effort more on this item.

For now as a workaround: If you want to reuse a checklist, you could create one and save it, either as a template or as a note. You can create a new note from any note by duplicating it, or are a new note and select a template. This gives you a blank checkboxes / checklist note whenever you need it.

If you want to bring your issue to their attention, the best way is probably by a support ticket.

26 minutes ago, Mike P said:

It works well provided you have a simple checklist i.e. not multiple checklists with lots of headings and text between. You can still do it but you have to select each checklist individually.

If you do have a more complicated list with headings in between there is an easier way of doing it if you are prepared to have it in a table. If you have a two column table and merge the columns in  rows where you want to add titles etc you can easily select the checklist cells and then switch the checklist off and on again. I know we shouldn't need to do this but workarounds and hacks have been part of EN for ever!

Screen_Capture_-_Nov_19__4_40_PM.png.eb775ed5cff3f6fd21e53866036eb692.png

Absurd. Why would you reduce the functionality of your app? Asking users to uncheck boxes one at a time or rely on stupid work arounds is the pinnacle of tone deaf. With every update I inch closer to finding a different app and farther away from going premium. Not to mention the many rumors circulating about security issues. The Samsung notes app is looking pretty good these days. It seems to actually get better not worse with every update. What a concept. 

(Moderator - if you find that your are just not able to approve the preceding comment I would remind you that it can only be seen by evernote users, who are all aware of the many mounting issues with evernote. There always reddit ...)

• Level 5

First you are wrong with your first assumption - the majority of forum visitors are „guests“, non users or those who don’t register as users. Obviously they find value in the forum.

Second you can go to Reddit - it is probably the right place for people like you who want to spread unfounded rumors about „security issues“. Reddit is full of your kin.

Third if you want to reuse a checklist, the easiest way is to create a template, or a master note you copy when you create a new note with the checklist.