Some notes hidden from Tags display - MacOS V 10.1.7

Mesoman

Idea

Because EverNote doesn't allow deep notebook hierarchies, I use tags as my primary organizational and browsing approach. That is now badly broken. It used to work.

But... any notes within a hierarchy that are not at the bottom of a hierarchy are not visible! They can only be found by searching. This is badly hampering my workflow, and this worked in the old version.

Specificilly: With an organization hierarchy like this:

• Tag 1
    • (NOTE A, with Tag 1)
    • Tag 1.1
      • (NOTE B, with Tag 1.1)

A note with Tag  (NOTE A) will show if one selects Tag 1.1 in the hierarchy.

But, if you select Tag 1, you cannot see NOTE B. There is no way to browse to that note!

This is a loss of function, and there is no alternative other than to be careful to never create a subsidiary tag under a tag with notes in it, and to never use the higher level tags. in notes!

PLEASE: if you are going to deprecate tags as an organizational principle, then give us nested notebooks!

[EDITED - Problem is NOTE A (Tag 1) not Tag 1.1]

Edited by Mesoman
Fix error in post

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mesoman said:

But... any notes within a hierarchy that are not at the bottom of a hierarchy are not visible! They can only be found by searching. This is badly hampering my workflow, and this worked in the old version.

I use the Tags filter
Just click the checkbox to display notes

Screenshot from my Mac

52703338_ScreenShot2020-10-28at11_45_21AM.png.d86f89b67111681029cc534131292de2.png

Thanks. That's a work-around. It's not quite as good as being able to just browse to it, but it's sure better than nothing.

Given that you can browse through all tags except those that have sub-tags, I'd say that they have a bug or bad specification and hopefully will fix it.