Snapshots - OCR/ICR Search

I've contemplated returning to Evernote and testing some functionality before I make any switch. In short, I have few notes saved.

I've scanned 3 snapshots, 1 of which contains only handwritten content, and the other 2 with a mix of type and handwritten content. I've searched for, in my estimation, the most recognizable typed and handwritten text. All 3 images were scanned in with Evernote iOS. The search was done from the account level, meaning I'm not searching within the note.

It finds nothing. 

Currently, most of my notes are in Apple Notes. Although this is not comparing true "apples-to-apples" re: the technology stack, Apple instantly finds the easy text/handwritten content within seconds. I've read in previous Evernote articles that OCR/ICR is sent to servers in a queue but Premium users are at the front of the line so recognition should be quick (minutes). This has been several days. 

My questions is whether is currently a known issue, effecting others. Or if search character recognition is really that bad. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  You may have noticed that Evernote just released v10, which has come with a slew of restrictions and several bugs. If you're looking to make a value comparison I'd leave it a week or three and try again...

• Level 5

Furthermore because OCR is done on the EN server, it depends on server load as well.

Normally OCR of pictures or pdf takes only a brief time after uploading a note to the server. However times are not normal, probably the EN servers are taking an unusual load of requests because all of the EN v10 business.

I would give it some time (should be hours, not days) to review if the notes are now found, because OCR has run in the meantime.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Yes, I’m aware of the v10 impact. I noticed the restrictions, such as editing tables on iOS, but I didn’t see anything about search. 

I misstated my question though. I should have asked if it is a bug anyone else is experiencing. If not, it could be an issue just for me but days seemed excessive even with high demand. 

• Level 5

Do you know this support article in the EN help pages ? It comments on how search in pictures is working, and how especially handwritten text should look to be easily OCRed:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314518-How-Evernote-makes-text-inside-images-searchable

And yes, if the wait is longer than a few hours max, the documents were probably already processed, with no return of OCR information. Maybe  you can isolate a reason from looking at the pictures and the support document.