Easily Moving Notes between Business & Personal

I've been using Evernote for about 10 years now and have been a Business Paid member for ~4.

As I use the apps from my Windows desktop, Mac laptop, and iPhone, I was recently required to "split" the Business and Personal notes when attempting to use the iOS version. Since then I have been completely unable to "move" a note between business & personal despite being able to do that easily in the past.

I am also very concerned about the mountain of complaints I'm seeing online and really worried about missing features in "Windows v.10". Evernote has been our company "knowledge base" and we regularly link to notes from other applications. Clicking a link in another application used to open the note in Evernote... This isn't working anymore and it is causing us great difficulties.

Is there an ETA on a fix for this?

• Level 5

Regarding the separation of Business and Personal Account:

The „new“ setup (in fact it exists since some years) is made to split the content between business = belongs to the company, is managed by an admin and personal = belongs to the employee, is managed by himself. This is a legislative and compliance issue, that from a companies perspective can’t be avoided. If an employee leaves or is fired, it must be assured that he can take his personal belongings with him, and that company data stays with the company. Don’t say „I am the owner, can’t be fired“ - in case of going bankrupt in fact you can be fired as well, by court order.

Part of this setup is a „Chinese wall“ between the two accounts. They belong to different owners, and not being able to flip information reflects this.

So better get used to this, it is not going away. If you are a true business user, the business side allows to implement good workflows that survives if an employee is leaving. Just assign another person to this „space“, and he can step in. All information is still there.

For your personal stuff see if it is yours, or the companies. If you are the owner, view it as if you knew today you will sell the enterprise in a years time. What will go with the company, what to keep for yourself ?