perthhutch

Idea

7 replies to this idea

On 12/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Peter Olins said:

Have you tried:

cmd-A

cmd-C

cmd-P -- save as pdf (e.g. to desktop)

@Peter Olins Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do mean pasting this into another program, such as Word (adding a cmd-V in there) and then saving as  a PDF via the print function? Or is there another way to do this I'm not getting?

TIA!

• Level 5
On 3/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, M. Black said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do mean pasting this into another program, such as Word (adding a cmd-V in there) and then saving as  a PDF via the print function? Or is there another way to do this I'm not getting?

@M. Black I can think of three approaches.

1. cmd-A, then cmd-P, then drop down the PDF section of the print menu and save as a PDF to the desktop. Create a new Note and import the PDF. (Doable, but cumbersome).

2. Instead, use the "open in preview" option the print menu (now is in pdf format). Us the share button within Preview to mail the file to your personal EN email address. I like this because it allows you to rename the note and add notebook and tags:

Send to: notetitle@notebookname#tagname

3. Use the "Save PDF to Evernote" button within the Print menu -- but this appears to be broken, and should be reported to tech support...

(BTW It's not clear to me why one would want to save as PDF, but we all have different workflows.)

Edited by Peter Olins
typo