(Archived) Templates

dgw123

Idea

Hi there, sorry to be really dim, I have searched but am confused as a result. New to evernote, and I want to use it to log my educational events. Each note would consist of certain information - the date will be added automatically, but the note would need to include subject, type of learning event, duration, notes, outcome, reflections, and follow up - it would form part of my appraisal and how if fulfils my PDP (personal development plan)

A simple template would be the ideal (most would be entered on my iphone) I've searched the forum, and can see you can copy a note or export and edit in HTML? but I'm a bit confused.

I'd be grateful for any help - if I can do this then I'll certainly be getting premium

10 replies to this idea

Thanks for the feedback. There aren't currently any "templates" within the client interface. The closest equivalent today is to either copy and paste from an existing note, or else File>Export a note and then Import it again to make a new note with the same content.

• Level 5*

A further note: the export/import note method, while a bit more tedious, has the added benefit that is preserve metadata (tags, author, URL, etc.) in the replicated note, while the copy/paste method only preserves note content.

~Jeff

Ok thanks for that.

I think I'll have to try to work round that - but I don't mind, I'm already premium now. I'm blown away by the way I can take a picture of stuff on my phone and add it to my library of appraisal evidence.

Don't go too far, because over the next few days I will have more questions for you.

Thanks

Glyn

From the "Attributes" panel on the left side, you can specify a "Created Since" date and a "Created Before" date to limit the view to notes created between a pair of dates.

Or, manually, search for:

created:20080401 -created:20090401

Thanks for the feedback. There aren't currently any "templates" within the client interface. The closest equivalent today is to either copy and paste from an existing note, or else File>Export a note and then Import it again to make a new note with the same content.

Any idea if this is in the works?

Would be very (very) useful, and elevate the ways in which Evernote could be used for regular note keeping (journal entries, doctor's visits, etc.).

(I found this topic by search for "templates" -- I am not a Mac user, but this feature seems to be missing from all versions of Evernote)

Archived