Is the Shortcut Toolbar coming back?

SalmanPak

Idea

Be very careful if and when you upgrade to the new version. Many, many features that you have come to expect and rely on have been removed. Evernote really needs to publish a comprehensive list of what people will lose if they "upgrade".

• Like 7

4 replies to this idea

19 hours ago, SalmanPak said:

Be very careful if and when you upgrade to the new version. Many, many features that you have come to expect and rely on have been removed. Evernote really needs to publish a comprehensive list of what people will lose if they "upgrade".

I just downloaded v10 and before proceeding with the installation I thought of Googling the reviews and it seems to be chaotic 10.

I'm afraid I agree with this about being very careful upgrading. I've just had to download the old version again 7.14 because I jumped too soon "Command J" to version 10.

I use the keyboard a lot to speed things up navigating my computer, Evernote, (Older Version 7.14) and stupidly assumed that the keyboard commands would mostly be the same. I wasn't expecting them all to be the same but this is verging on a total absence in the new version. It's like trying to run and being tripped up all the time without proper keyboard shortcuts. (Hands on keyboard, hand on mouse, hand back on keyboard, hand back on mouse). It's a total pain to have to continually swap between keyboard and mouse in order to do the simplest of things that could be done just on the keyboard before.

Version 10 is missing too many keyboard commands and that's just no good for me. I used "Command J" all the time for instance, it really increased the speed of my workflow. Loved it when I found out about it. Now it's gone, amongst many others, and I can't understand why.

I was on the beta program a short time (left because I simply couldn't use evernote without the main keyboard commands, there were other serious usablility issues that I'm amazed to see persist in the public release version that didn't help, I won't talk about them here) I noticed that almost all of the keyboard commands that I used were missing and reported this. I don't know why but this was not fixed before release of version 10 to the public. 

Incredibly there are 35 keyboard shortcuts missing from this new version and that cripples me 35!, I didn't know that many.

Here's the link to the keyboard command difference between old and new versions, count them and see if there are any you used to use: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313358-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Mac

I've been a paid user for over 10 years. This makes me feel very uneasy. I don't want to start looking around for an alternative but I could be forced to do so if this isn't addressed. I really liked the iOS update, really great, massive improvement but this MacOS update is the opposite (for now).

I'm crossing my fingers. Help me Evernote you're my only hope, I don't want to "Command J"

• Like 5

The Shortcut Toolbar is essential for my workflows in Evernote, too. I could arrange myself with shortcuts in the sidebar if they could be grouped into shortcut folders. So I can only hope that at least one of those two will soon be implemented in version 10 ... Best would be both: getting back the old shortcut toolbar, but with drop-down folders 🙂

• Like 6