Word docx not opening correctly

I'm on 10.0.3 on an iPad Pro and iPhone XS, both latest versions iOS. In both cases I wanted to open a Word document in a note but it doesn't work properly on either device.

On the iPad it will open into the preview once and let you export it to Word, but it will only work once. When you try it a second time nothing happens when you tap the attachment.

On the iPhone it also opens into preview the first time and lets you export it to Word. The second time you click the attachment it doesn't go to preview, the share menu pops straight up instead, but when you click any app to share it, nothing happens, whether its Word or something else.

Anyone else with this?

• Level 5

From what I learned the „in-App open“ function is not available in EN iOS 10, if only at the moment or permanently I don’t know.

As a workaround one should export (share) the attachment to the files app, and open it there.

When edited, the easiest way to bring it back into EN is by creating a new note with the changed document. Drag & drop of files or fotos is still not available under the iOS app.

This is nothing I like, but it seems the way to make it at least work somehow at the moment.

30 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

From what I learned the „in-App open“ function is not available in EN iOS 10, if only at the moment or permanently I don’t know.

As a workaround one should export (share) the attachment to the files app, and open it there.

When edited, the easiest way to bring it back into EN is by creating a new note with the changed document. Drag & drop of files or fotos is still not available under the iOS app.

This is nothing I like, but it seems the way to make it at least work somehow at the moment.

It won’t export to the files app either sadly, nothing in the share sheet works on the iPhone and the share sheet doesn’t pop up at all on iPad. 

• Level 5

Open the note with the attached file.

Click on the blue „edit“ button below. The note is switched to edit-mode. Click on the attachment. There are 3 symbols showed above the keyboard. You can use either the down-arrow in the middle, or open the menu behind the 3 dots, and use the „save as“ option. Click on it.

A short while after, a box will show up (not very prominent) that says the attachment was saved to the files app. If you go to the files app, there will be a new directory there called „Evernote“. The saved attachments are in there.

I really do not like this, but it is currently how to get stuff out of EN for editing.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e4bf2585539a399b083d7632c2d821a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.166022a0d477ee1326daa8d506d6267a.jpeg