How to recover a deleted notebook?

Randino

Idea

I know that you can Recover a notebook that has been deleted.  I accidentally deleted the content in one of my notes and am trying to figure out how to get that content back.  Does Evernote keep backups that can get this info back for me?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Randino said:

I know that you can Recover a notebook that has been deleted.  I accidentally deleted the content in one of my notes and am trying to figure out how to get that content back.  Does Evernote keep backups that can get this info back for me?

If you deleted the note and emptied the trash, no.  If you just edited the note, yes.  You would need to sign up for Premium for a month at which point you would have access to note history via the info icon.  You can get a previous version of the note back.

ScreenClip.png.827dca2fc7e3707fe9cc463848af52dc.png

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Randino said:

I know that you can Recover a notebook that has been deleted.  I accidentally deleted the content in one of my notes and am trying to figure out how to get that content back.

Notebook or Note?
I can recover lost content from Personal backups, and Evernote maintains a Note History backup    
More info at  How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Randino said:

I saw someone's comment that you can do backups in Evernote and I want to do that with my Notebooks.  Can you help me with that?

Personal backups are do-able on the Windows and Mac platforms   
We can backup the raw local database files and Evernote has a note export feature
More information at  How-to-export-content-from-Evernote    
                                     How-to-back-up-and-restore-your-data-in-Evernote-for-Windows

The export feature doesn't maintain notebook assignment   
Separate exports are recommended for each notebook