Web Clipper not working in Firefox 80.0 (64-bit)

I'm not sure what has changed, but I am unable to save notes from Firefox using Evernote Web Clipper (version: 7.13.1.1-fdf32c3). I am able to select Article or Simplified Article, and the preview shows correctly. But when I try to save, after telling me it is saving the note the message changes to "Syncing" ... and it hangs there. I just came back from lunch, and it's still cycling 60 minutes after I last tried it.

I anyone else seeing this? I know for certain that I was taking and saving and syncing notes yesterday without any problem whatsoever. Firefox hasn't updated in the meantime, nor has Windows.

Really puzzled by this one. In the meantime, I'm using Chrome when I need to clip something. Evernote Web Clipper works lightening-quick from Chrome, as it used to from Firefox.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Horace_NYC said:

Really puzzled by this one. In the meantime, I'm using Chrome when I need to clip something.

Hi.  I think your headline says it all...  Firefox was v79 a couple of days ago,  so yes,  it has updated,  and Evernote hasn't caught up yet.  I'm sure it will shortly...

Hello! Actually, I think this one was down to Firefox, not Evernote. Despite a policy that is supposed to delete all cookies when I exit Firefox, some things were being left behind, including a couple of Evernote cookies. When I cleared them, syncing went back to working.

Everything is fine now, and I'm keeping an eye on Firefox (making sure to "manage cookies" and manually clear my browsing content when shutting down for the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, tjhokietiger said:

Thoughts please.

I'm using Firefox on another device - not sure what version,  but it's working fine.  I'll check later.  Meantime at least one person seems to be using v80 again... can only suggest you clear everything that you can and maybe try setting up as another user in Firefox to see whether that profile -without any of the baggage of your daily activity- will work.

• Level 5

Just tried it on my Mac. Latest Catalina, FF 80.0.1.

Yes, when I open FF I was notified that there was a little update from 80.0.0 to 80.0.1. Loaded it, tried WebClient and WebClipper. WebClient was o.k., WebClipper clipped, but it took about 5min for a random newspaper article to appear on the server. I run on a very fast landline internet connection, so usually it arrives in a blink of the eye.

Conclusion: Maybe something makes it run slower than usual, but clipping it does.

P.S. The same page on Safari resulted in the web clipper to close itself and the page, returning to the main page of that newspaper. Maybe I should undo some of my pretty tight security settings ...😳