My notes keep disappearing. Is there any way to retrieve them?

Hello,

I just noticed that a bunch of my notes are gone. Some are recent and some are older notes, all from different dates. So I'm really not sure why this is happening.

I've already checked the trash and tried logging into Evernote online to see if they were there to no avail.

I've ever manually downloaded a backup of my notebook (unless Evernote does it for me regularly?).

Is there a way to recover these notes or restore the notebook to a previous date?

Thank you so much.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, kattt said:

I've ever manually downloaded a backup of my notebook (unless Evernote does it for me regularly?).

Evernote is a cloud service - the master version of our notes is stored on the Evernote servers
Use the web at www.evernote.com to verify your notes are there

There's two self help tools for Evernote data on a Mac

• Trigger an index rebuild by holding down the option key and clicking Help > Troubleshooting > Recreate Index
  • Trigger a full sync by holding down the shift and option keys, and clicking the sync icon

@DTLow

Yes, I've already checked the website to see if it's any different from my Evernote app. The problem is that my notes are on neither :(

My question actually was if there is any way I can restore the notebook to a previous date on the Evernote app or website version.

I do not want the current synched version of my notebook. I want whatever notes I had before, which Evernote deleted on its own somehow.

Thanks..

I am having a similar problem. I have a premium subscription. I have been cutting and pasting images into a note for a project I am sharing with others, and the images and written notes have disappeared twice. It's happened twice now in the last 24 hours. The first time it happened, the image that displayed in the side bar menu was actually not even in the note any more when I clicked on the note. I consciously saved the note during the process during the second time around, just to be sure it didn't happen again, and it DID happen again.  This renders Evernote unusable for me. It takes me hours to build these "picture boards" for others to use for their projects. Any suggestions about 1) what is going on and (2) how to retrieve these missing pictures?