Google links breaking columns and text wrapping in Tables in the Windows Desktop Version of EN (the online/web version of EN is unaffected).

Updated 7/31 @ 10:24 AM PDT: Out of respect for everyone's time, you might want to skip down to the last video I posted, which really get's to the heart of the matter.

About 1.5 to 2 months ago, I noticed my EN tables, from a few notes, were not illustrating correctly in the Windows Desktop Version; all the text was too big and blown out (in spite of zooming out as far as possible using "control" & "-"). Tables look fine in the web based version of EN and on the IOS version on my iPhone 10. And the tables are displaying fine in Chrome and Safari. So the issue seems isolated to the Desktop version. 

App: Windows/Microsoft store version of the app (not the standalone app): 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

Any suggestions for a fix, or if anyone can confirm the issue reproducible on their desktop machine, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Jody

• Level 5*

Did you make any changes to the tables on the non Windows devices.  I have had some weird things happen from time to time with fonts if I change font properties on one device or another.  May not be related just sharing an experience.

Thanks for the mention. Making edits on non Window devices? None that I recall. I've experienced some weird happenings, as well, after editing highly formatted notes on smartphone; therefore, I've tried to limited those highly formatted note's edits to the desktop version.

Thanks again.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, JodyHeath.Com said:

Thanks for the mention. Making edits on non Window devices? None that I recall. I've experienced some weird happenings, as well, after editing highly formatted notes on smartphone; therefore, I've tried to limited those highly formatted note's edits to the desktop version.

Thanks again.

You are welcome and my experience exactly.

Looks like my memory is not as good as it used to be. So turns out, I rebooted my computer, and all the fonts went back to their usual sizes in the Desktop EN version. As stated before, the web based EN fonts were never affected. So that was one issue, the fonts in the desktop version. It's some kind of glitch with the desk top version that is fixed, as many computer hiccups, with a simple reboot. The whole fonts thing didn't send me on this tangent. I care about them; but the real issues is my tables are getting broken and can't be edited in the desktop version of EN.

And upon re-examining the affected note with the table (sorry, I mis-spoke before): not all of my notes with tables were affected in the desktop version. Only the notes with links to Google Sheets (or possibly even any google doc, but I haven't tested that far out). I tried other links, and as far as I can tell, it's just an issue with the google links. 

On further experimentation, if I create the table with a column large enough for the boxy google link, then I can still resize the columns. But once the column (containing the google link) has been sized down narrower than the google link's boxy outline, the table breaks and can no longer be resized period. Clarification, the behavior described here, only occurs in my Windows 10 desktop version of EN. The online/web version of EN is not plagued by this behavior. 

One might wander: why not just keep the table columns wide enough to accommodate the google link's forced boxy appearance? Or why don't I just use the web/online version of EN? Here's why:

1. I don't like the look of the boxy google link format. 
  2. if I make my table's too wide, then people have to scroll on smart phones. I make them narrow for a purpose, to keep things mobile compatible.
  3. This issue doesn't persist with the web based version of EN, only on the desktop EN version.
  4. I prefer to use the desktop version of EN when at my home office because, like most desktop versions of software, they are more robust and (or) more efficient at doing things.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the updates.  I tend to use direct file links to the local copy of a file and use the cloud service for backup.  Sometimes in tables sometimes just in the note.  Mostly Excel models as in the past EN used to have issues with models with pivot tables in them.  Horses for courses.

• Like 1