Where is data stored

JDAA

I just started using Evernote to keep an inventory of my stamping supplies.  I've input quite a bit of information using my Mac and it is syncing with my iPhone and iPad.  Where is all this data being saved?  I used my browser to go to the Evernote site and entered info there.  So is the info stored through Evernote and I shouldn't ever worry about a crash?  

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, JDAA said:

So is the info stored through Evernote and I shouldn't ever worry about a crash?  

The master version of our data is uploaded and stored on the Evernote servers
(except for designated Local notebooks)
We don't have to worry about a device crash

A full data copy is stored on the Mac1723496826_ScreenShot2020-07-07at2_57_48PM.png.15a2957645773880a50e3adaf2148ad7.png
The location can be accessed by selecting
     option key Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database folder

Thank you for your reply.  I'm computer illiterate and don't know where you are accessing the "Help".  If I'm just on the desktop screen and go to Help there is no Troubleshooting.  Am I supposed to hold down the Option key?  Could you tell me how to access the Help?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JDAA said:

Am I supposed to hold down the Option key?  Could you tell me how to access the Help?

Correct, hold down the option key while clicking on Help

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, JDAA said:

I'm going to try to attach photos of what I'm doing.  Both from desktop and from the Evernote site.

You need to have Evernote's software installed on your Mac (www.evernote.com/download)   
Launch this software and login to your Evernote account

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, JDAA said:

Thanks to your help I'm getting closer.  Shouldn't there be bigger files here?

It tends  to be a collection of small files

Content is a folder containing note content    
There's a separate subfolder for each note 

LocalNoteStore is a folder holding a small SQLite datable that holds the note metadata

Thank you for all your help.  A friend is asking me if they should do Evernote also.  I really like it so recommended it.   She asked if it would take up a lot of space on her ipad.  She only wants to do it if it won't bogdown her ipad.  Again, thank you.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, JDAA said:

take up a lot of space on her ipad

No, there's just a small database for metadata on the iPad   
Note data is accessed from the severs via the internet