(Archived) Evernote 3 ate my notes

Evernote 3 seems to have an issue with note length. I have started to use the application to take notes in class so any one single note can get a tad long. In fact I did a homework assignment in Evernote at one point and evidently hit a maximum page length. Once I did this, two things happened.

First, in the evernote online component the homework assignment when viewed online is corrupted. Random lines running through it. However the desktop client on my tablet is fine.

Second, and I didn't notice this bug until now, my other notes seem to be getting cut off in length. I am now missing a good portion of my notes from a few lectures and they simply seem to be cut off.

Anyone encounter this problem with evernote 3 cutting off notes?

• 2 months later...

Was there any resolution to this? I think I am having the same problem. When I write long pages of handwritten notes I find that when they sync to the web that have long vertical lines running throughout the document. Basically it looks like someone took a stylus and neatly (they are straight) drew about a dozen lines from top to bottom across the note. It makes the web version essentially illegible, though the original on my PC looks just fine (i.e. no lines).

This has happened on many different occasions. I am now running the latest version of evernote that was pushed to me a few days ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Was there any resolution to this? I think I am having the same problem. When I write long pages of handwritten notes I find that when they sync to the web that have long vertical lines running throughout the document. Basically it looks like someone took a stylus and neatly (they are straight) drew about a dozen lines from top to bottom across the note. It makes the web version essentially illegible, though the original on my PC looks just fine (i.e. no lines).

This has happened on many different occasions. I am now running the latest version of evernote that was pushed to me a few days ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from APF, and we never reproduced this in-house. If you experience the same problem, send us a sample note to examine (the original one, from the Windows client) -- PM me for details.

• 4 years later...

I've had this problem for a long time, I always hoped for an update that would fix it. I have many examples but this problem only appears for notes bigger than 500K, so I can't attach a sample.

I'm using evernote for teaching and many students complain about this bug... it would be really great if somebody could shed some light on this.

• Level 5

I've had this problem for a long time, I always hoped for an update that would fix it. I have many examples but this problem only appears for notes bigger than 500K, so I can't attach a sample.

I'm using evernote for teaching and many students complain about this bug... it would be really great if somebody could shed some light on this.

500K should not be a problem according to Evernote Knowledgebase

http://goo.gl/WRvKl

Have you contacted Evernote Support?

Thanks for your quick reply, jbenson2!

I did contact Support on 4/13/2010, "(Case 93813) Published handwritten notes corrupted", but never heard anything from them. I only found out about this forum tonight, so that's why I decided to post it here.

To be clear: my handwritten notes vary in size from about 150K to 2500K. This is well below the evernote limits as you pointed out. The notes on the small end of this spectrum (say <900K) are displayed fine, but larger notes are displayed incorrectly.

Since I am only allowed to upload a file of 500K on this forum, I can't attach a "corrupted" note here. However I have attached a screenshot to give you an idea what the problem is. The vertical lines are not the biggest problem, the notes are also truncated which is the real problem.

Thanks!

post-111706-0-86795300-1352785577_thumb.

• Level 5*

Thanks for your quick reply, jbenson2!

I did contact Support on 4/13/2010, "(Case 93813) Published handwritten notes corrupted", but never heard anything from them. I only found out about this forum tonight, so that's why I decided to post it here.

To be clear: my handwritten notes vary in size from about 150K to 2500K. This is well below the evernote limits as you pointed out. The notes on the small end of this spectrum (say <900K) are displayed fine, but larger notes are displayed incorrectly.

Since I am only allowed to upload a file of 500K on this forum, I can't attach a "corrupted" note here. However I have attached a screenshot to give you an idea what the problem is. The vertical lines are not the biggest problem, the notes are also truncated which is the real problem.

Thanks!

Hi. If you share the note, we can test it out in our accounts.

I've done some more research.

The notes are written on a Windows machine. The truncation/vertical bar problem only appears on devices different from the one I wrote the notes on, including on the web (if I publish the note) and on the iphone.

I compared the file on the Windows machine (where it is displayed correctly) with the file on my Mac (where it is displayed incorrectly). After (1) removing whitespace, (2) removing XML header, (3) removing XML footer, I ran "diff" on the two files. They were identical!

So this is not a syncing problem, the above experiment suggests it's either a display problem or a corruption problem when I create the notes.

Archived