I downloaded and installed the beta version of Evernote yesterday.  The download and installation went smoothly.  I opened the beta program and began looking around at the features and becoming familiar with things.  I then had to leave beta Evernote to continue putting together a PowerPoint presentation I have been working on for several weeks.  Up to the time I downloaded/installed beta Evernote,  the PowerPoint worked perfectly; no problems and no issues.  However, since the download/install, my PowerPoint freezes whenever I zoom into a slide during presentation.  This has never happened before.  When it freezes, I have to do a manual reboot because cntl-alt-del doesn't work.  I assumed it was just a glitch and rebooted the computer.  I tried the presentation again, same thing happened.  It doesn't always freeze at the same point.  Sometimes I can zoom into 3 or 4 slides before the system freezes, other times it freezes the first time I try to zoom in.  I uninstalled the beta Evernote, but that hasn't resolved my issue with PowerPoint.  I am desperate to get this resolved because I am giving this presentation in a couple of weeks (via Zoom).  Both presentations work fine, as long as I don't want to zoom into a slide.  Unfortunately, I need to be able to zoom-in.  I have tried everything I know to try.  I have confirmed that my software is up-to-date, I have run a repair on my PowerPoint program, I have the latest updates on my Windows10 program and my graphics driver.  I confirmed that the problem isn't with the PowerPoint presentation itself because I tried a presentation I made a couple of weeks ago and it did the same thing.  That previous presentation worked perfectly 2 weeks ago when I gave it and zooming into a slide was used often.  The only thing I can think of is that the beta program caused a conflict and the uninstall left something on my computer that is still causing a conflict. 

Please, please, I am desperate for any help to figure out what I can do to get my PowerPoint back up and running and what was left behind when I uninstalled the beta Evernote that is still causing problems.  Thank you in advance.

Diane

• Level 5

Since uninstalling the Evernote beta didn't fix the problem, it seems unlikely that it was the source of it; the timing might be a coincidence. Nevertheless, you could use something like Revo Uninstaller to be sure that any stray bits of the Evernote beta are gone.

If that doesn't fix it, the next move would be to look into PowerPoint support. I have no idea what that amounts to, but I know there are forums on Microsoft Office products, and one of them might be the place to look for answers.

• Like 1

Thank you, I have resolved the issue (with the help of PowerPoint support).  Once I disabled hardware graphics acceleration in the advanced options of PowerPoint, the presentation (included zooming in and out) ran smoothly.  All is well now.  I will re-install beta Evernote and hopefully all will continue to work properly.  Thanks again for your reply.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Glad to hear it! Interestingly, at one time a year or so ago there was a problem with Evernote (blacking out of the note window) that could be solved by disabling hardware acceleration. Doesn't sound like it could be related to this; but it seems that hardware acceleration can cause programs to have problems.