Copy All & Remember Highlight or Location

charleyo

Idea

I have just joined Evernote because of issues with OneNote and love the product so far.  Two items missing that I had in OneNote make life a lot easier in my opinion and I request the following ideas:

1.  In OneNote I could click on the frame and everything in the window would be highlighted with one click.  See attached example.  In Evernote I have to highlight by clicking at the top and scrolling to the bottom for the same highlight.  I am always copying between windows and this would make it a lot more efficient.

2. In OneNote if I highlighted an item in a note and  move on to another note the highlight would stay.  So, when I go back to the original window I didn't have to re-highlight the item.  In Evernote the highlight seems to be removed when working between windows and I always have to re highlight.  I post a footer on many Notes and make a note with the footer information in a Notebook and as I create Notes I go back to the footer noter to copy and then paste to my new post.  Let me know if I need to explain this further.

One  last item similar to #2.  When I switch between notes my location of the previous not is lost and always starts at the beginning.  I am always posting limited material from one note to the other and losing my location makes it tedious to always scroll down to the next item to copy.  OneNote keeps the location which is a nice feature.

I am new, love the product and providing ideas.

en1.png

Edited by charleyo
to add a note

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, charleyo said:

1.  In OneNote I could click on the frame and everything in the window would be highlighted with one click.  See attached example.  In Evernote I have to highlight by clicking at the top and scrolling to the bottom for the same highlight.  I am always copying between windows and this would make it a lot more efficient.

The standard Windows Ctrl+A hot key will highlight everything in a note window, or frame.  You have to click in the frame first.

3 hours ago, charleyo said:

2. In OneNote if I highlighted an item in a note and  move on to another note the highlight would stay.  So, when I go back to the original window I didn't have to re-highlight the item.  In Evernote the highlight seems to be removed when working between windows and I always have to re highlight.  I post a footer on many Notes and make a note with the footer information in a Notebook and as I create Notes I go back to the footer noter to copy and then paste to my new post.  Let me know if I need to explain this further.

If you have a note open in a separate window you can highlight text in either that window or the note currently visible in the main EN window.  The text will be highlighted when you return to the original window but as soon as you click in that original window the highlight will indeed go away.  Only workaround I know is to continue to use what was pasted to the clipboard.  It will be there until you copy something else.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I understand using the clipboard by I am switching between 3 or 4 windows at the same time and the clipboard is constantly changing.  When i go back to a note, losing the highlight justs makes me have to do it again.  In OneNote the highlight stayed.  I thank you for taking the time to respond.  In the end, I believe EN gives better features from what I can see (I am new) than OneNote but I am still learning.  My goal is efficiency for rapid posting on other sites and others may not need the same.  I don't have development skills to speak of so I just find ways to make things work.  tks

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, charleyo said:

Thanks.  I understand using the clipboard by I am switching between 3 or 4 windows at the same time and the clipboard is constantly changing.  When i go back to a note, losing the highlight justs makes me have to do it again.  In OneNote the highlight stayed.  I thank you for taking the time to respond.  In the end, I believe EN gives better features from what I can see (I am new) than OneNote but I am still learning.  My goal is efficiency for rapid posting on other sites and others may not need the same.  I don't have development skills to speak of so I just find ways to make things work.  tks

You are welcome. 

Some text expanders have their own clipboard, PhraseExpress does for example.  You can copy multiple phrases to a clipboard and then select one by invoking a hot key, Ctrl +Alt+V is PE's by default. Short video shows how it works.  Not perfect but might save you some time.  FWIW.