kylepatterson

Word count issue

Hi Evernote community, sorry to be a pest with a basic issue, but I'm new to this caper. I have read the guidance on world counts, as follows;

Evernote for Windows

There are a few different ways to find the word count in Evernote for Windows:

• Open a note, right-click in the note editor, and choose 'Word and Resource Counts' from the contextual menu.
  • Select a note and go to Note > Word and Resource Counts from the menu.
  • Select a note and enable the status bar by going to View > Show Status Bar from the menu. Word and character counts are visible in the status bar

However, the menu bar on my notes has nothing like see (see attachment). I know I must be missing something simple, but I need your help!

Thanks in anticipation

Kyle

Evernote note editor clip.PNG

Hi.  The status bar is at the bottom of your note?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  The status bar is at the bottom of your note?

Thanks for responding. No, the menu bar is at the top of the page above the text. I can't generate any of the drop downs or options suggested in the Help advice.

11 hours ago, kylepatterson said:

Thanks for responding. No, the menu bar is at the top of the page above the text. I can't generate any of the drop downs or options suggested in the Help advice.

Wasn't actually a question...

314496734_ScreenClip3.thumb.png.f0fa3faafc32dcff9ef4989f043128e4.png

The status bar is at the bottom of your note.

Except (according to your toolbar image) that you're using the browser 'Beta' version of Evernote,  which isn't yet a fully-featured version of the app.  If you check Settings you should see an option to step back to a previous version... which also does not include word-count.  That seems to be a feature of the installed Desktop app which is where my image comes from.

Thank you gazumped, much appreciated. I downloaded the app for desktop and found the word count feature. All good!

• Like 1