Clipping PDF failure & "WRN Unable to run in system tab"

Error & failing to clip PDF documents displayed in Firefox. White error box at bottom right of window shows:

Due to restrictions set by the browser, you cannot clip this page.

The extension logs show in yellow:

2020\5\9 22:21:54 WRN Unable to run in system tab https://fqdn.tld/filename.pdf

How can this be fixed?

• Extension version: Version: 7.12.5.42-bb2fa76
  • Firefox: v76.0 (64bit)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  The 'error' isn't fixable (or an error).  The clue is in the wording - "due to restrictions set by the browser".  The owner of that page apparently doesn't want you copying the content,  or the type of page has a generic restriction on copying. 

If you're seeing a PDF try downloading the file (as in: Save As...) or highlight and copy/ paste the section.  There are also numerous "page to PDF" and page copy / screen shot utilities out there that can grab part of the content as an image or a PDF so you can attach it to a note.

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  The 'error' isn't fixable (or an error).  The clue is in the wording - "due to restrictions set by the browser".  ...

This non-"error" is simply a PDF document displayed in the browser. It is an unencrypted document, no passwords, I can easily download the PDF, in alternate viewers, there are no restrictions on selecting & copying text. I do not believe "the owner of that page apparently doesn't want me copying the content". I can clip the PDF using a different browser.

• I do not want to first download the PDF
  • I do not want to use a different tool.
  • I want the tool to automatically save the meta data of when I saved the file & the original location of the file.
  • I do not want to use a different browser

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, IcI said:

Hi.  I bow to your superior knowledge - although I think you're probably wrong.  The error message in that thread is completely different.

I pointed out in another thread (that I can't be bothered to find) that Evernote subscribers can raise their issues by email directly with company Support (we're a -mainly- user-driven Forum) where they can share logs and generally help Evernote work out what's happening.  Basic users have access to a Facebook Forum and @EvernoteHelps on Twitter.

Evernote don't (usually) comment on individual issues in the Forums here - and being a public forum open to all it's not the place to share logs or personal information which might be required to fully investigate any issues.

Good luck with your clip.

• Sad 1