Search function not working on macbook

Hi

I am using Evernote 7.14 for mac.  It has simply stopped showing me a list of notes when I do a search.  It looks like it will show me a note in the past month, but anything beyond that it will not list.  It just says it found "0 notes" but if I scroll through the notes I can find the note I am looking for.  If I search the app on the my phone, I can find the note I am looking for using search, it just does not work on my macbook.

I have tried to force a synchronisation.  I have logged out and then logged back in. I have removed the app, and then redownloaded it to my system.  It still does not work.

• Evernote Staff*

Hi there, 

I understand that you're not receiving the appropriate search results on your Evernote for Mac app. 

In order to resolve this, I would like to try recreating the Full Text Search Index in your Evernote application. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open Evernote on your Mac
2. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and select Help from your Mac's menu bar
3. Select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index

Feel free to let me know if this doesn't resolve the issue. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, sourav.nits said:

I don't see the Recreate Full Text Search Index

Me neither, same problem, I see other entries, like Force Reload, but not the 'Recreate Full Text Search Index'

I'm on version 10.12.6 for Mac. 

• Level 5

Well, when you have had a complete relaunch of a piece of software between a post from the 28th of April 2020 and today, you may assume there were changes.

The old client had a local database, with its own index. This could be recreated.

The new v10 clients run everything from the server - no more local database, no more index recreation.

If you want to play with it, you need to install legacy. Not a good idea for basic users, because the device limit means if you have installed v10 and legacy even on the same computer, you are using 2 clients, and that is it.