Web-Clipping with iOS using a shortcut

• Level 5

The web clipping with iOS is weak, compared to the web clipper capabilities on the desktop clients.

To improve web clipping on iPad and iPhone I use this nice shortcut for iOS that is clipping sites from Safari and creates a lean, clean note from the clipped stuff. It usually does exclude all the adds and clutter, comes with a reader-type layout and copies pictures and working links that are in the original website as well.

The only downside I have found up to now is that it takes several seconds to execute. But the result makes up for this.

I hope this link to the iCloud is working for everybody who wants to install the shortcut to the shortcuts App. It will show in the share menu in Safari:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/0d6e466b4b1444549da81ddc6f90b82d

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, PinkElephant said:

The web clipping with iOS is weak, compared to the web clipper capabilities on the desktop clients.

To improve web clipping on iPad and iPhone I use this nice shortcut for iOS that is clipping sites from Safari and creates a lean, clean note from the clipped stuff. It usually does exclude all the adds and clutter, comes with a reader-type layout and copies pictures and working links that are in the original website as well.

The only downside I have found up to now is that it takes several seconds to execute. But the result makes up for this.

I hope this link to the iCloud is working for everybody who wants to install the shortcut to the shortcuts App. It will show in the share menu in Safari:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/0d6e466b4b1444549da81ddc6f90b82d

You can edit the shortcut on the bottom of the workflow it’s 5 seconds by default. You can change it to 1 and it saves you 4 seconds!

• Level 5

Yes - from how I read it the 5secs are there to give EN enough time to fetch the link to the new note (the step before the wait) before it is called.

So if you are on a strong WiFi with a good internet connection every time you use the shortcut, probably a shorter waiting period is no problem.

This is what I like with shortcuts: Thousands of opportunities, and everybody can tailor and improve them. Have fun !

• Like 1