(Archived) URL Link

I am an infrequent user of Evernote using the free account accessing Evernote from the web.

When I last used Evernote, I was able to easily add an url to a note I created.

Today, I created a new note from something I found on the internet. However, I was unable to easily find a place to add the url with Evernote's different interface. How do I add the url?

• Level 5*

In order to add a link in the web client, edit the note, and select some text. On the toolbar you should see two icons go enabled, one (looks like a chain) is Create Link, and the other is Unlink. Click the Create Link tool, and a popup will appear that allows you to type of paste in a URL.

~Jeff

Thank you Jeff for your answer. I understand adding a url to text. However, I'd like to add a url for the entire post.

As an example, if I look at some of my previously created notes, I see in the Note Attributes: Clipped from with the url provided. Beside the note attribue is a Go to source button/link.

How do I add a url for an entire note where I can maintain same functionality having a clipped from note attribute?

What client are you using? From the Mac or Windows clients, if you display the full header information for the note, you can click into the right field to type or paste your desired "source URL" for that note.

• Level 5*

Oh, I see. On the web, I don't know if there is a way to add the source URL to a note, at least I couldn't. I tried dragging a link onto the note, and the Note Attributes label, and other places. No dice. Sorry.

~Jeff

What client are you using? From the Mac or Windows clients, if you display the full header information for the note, you can click into the right field to type or paste your desired "source URL" for that note.

Hi Dave, I am using the web interface. Jeff seems to confirm the difficulty that I am encountering. Before it I was able to add the url easily.

Hi Dave, I thought I used a web interface before, but it is entirely possible I used my Windows client. I just used my Windows client where I edited my prior note to include the url.

Thank you for your quick and accurate assistance.

Archived