sharing notes with others to edit

kahlospirit

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, kahlospirit said:

hi there, can you tell me if i have pemium subscription and share a notebook with three other people and they have basic, will they be able to edit and add to that the notebook? regards nikky

Yes, so long as you share as "Can edit" or "Can edit  and invite". Subscription level doesn't matter in this case; basic users can share for editing too.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
50 minutes ago, kahlospirit said:

thanks, looking at my issue closer , i guess i would like clarification  on  if i have premium and the others who share that note have basic , would the size limit of the shared note be premium size ie 200mb?

The Basic accounts are still subject to the account limitations
They can view oversized notes, but are not able to edit them

Uploads are charged to the notebook owner's account.  
Make sure the Premium accounts create the notebook; they have a high upload allowance

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
35 minutes ago, kahlospirit said:

thanks, looking at my issue closer , i guess i would like clarification  on  if i have premium and the others who share that note have basic , would the size limit of the shared note be premium size ie 200mb?

As far as I know (and I do have a premium/basic with shared notebooks setup between my personal account and work account), a basic user can view notes > 25 MB, but not edit them. I'll try to test this out in my setup.