Updating new web clipper for IOS

14 hours ago, Alan Hann said:

After I got the email today I tried the bottom prompt which says “update now” but the page that loads is grayed out in the “get function”. What am I missing?

I'm assuming that you mean the email regarding the Safari Clipper update. If so, that has nothing to do with iOS. The Safari Clipper is just for the Safari web browser in the macOS platform. 

Clipping from iOS devices is done via the share sheet that is build into the operating system.

Here's the Help article on clipper from mobile devices such as iOS and Android. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313678-How-to-clip-web-pages-and-content-from-Android-and-iOS-devices 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

In addition, there is another possibility in iOS:

When you are on the content you want to save, click on share (square with arrow)

Pick the „print“ option

On the now open print dialogue, select the number of pages you want to print

Then pinch outwards with 2 fingers, like „opening“ the preview of the document

This will convert the printout into a pdf document. This is open now.

Now click again on „share“, select Evernote. The pdf will be saved as a new note into Evernote.

The advantage is you get a clean pdf by this. If the website allows for it, choose the „reader“ view before clicking „share“ the first time. This will eliminate nearly all ads and other disturbing stuff from the page. 

• Like 1