How to upload from preview into a specific notebook

Is there any way to upload an opened PDF from Preview into a specific notebook?  I can use the uparrow share thingy but it only ever loads into the default (in my case "first notebook").  Then I have to go into Evernote and move it to the right notebook which is a right ball-ache.  Am I missing something or is this just not possible?  I know I can do it from the browser both on the desktop and Android but that's not what I'm asking about.   Its really really annoying!!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, baronmax said:

Is there any way to upload an opened PDF from Preview into a specific notebook?  I can use the uparrow share thingy but it only ever loads into the default (in my case "first notebook")

You can set up import folders for specific notebooks. Save the file to the folder.
A generic import folder can be used, with the script presenting a notebook list for selection

The key to Mac import folders is the folder actions feature; it triggers a script when files are added

Hmm that's an interesting idea.  Thanks for that DTLow.  I guess that means that I'd have the file stored in a folder and in Evernote, taking up twice the space.... but then I probably do that anyway.... :)  I suppose I can't quite believe Evernote hasn't made this an easier workflow (like it is from the webclipper).  But maybe its not so easy to implement it at the OSX level.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, baronmax said:

I guess that means that I'd have the file stored in a folder and in Evernote, taking up twice the space

The script I use imports the file to Evernote,  then deletes the file

• Level 5*

There''s a complex script and instructions provided at https://veritrope.com/evernote-desktop-folder/

Here's the no-frills version     Evernote Folder Plain.scpt

on adding folder items to thisFolder after receiving newFiles
     delay 5
     repeat with newFile in newFiles

tell application "Evernote" to create note from file newFile

tell application "Finder" to delete (newFile)

end repeat
end adding folder items to

• Like 2