Optional confirmation for automatic tag creation

RobColes

Idea

I would like to be able to confirm the creation of a new tag from just typing into the tags area in a note (similar dialog to the confirmation for tag deletion). I am frequently having to go and delete a newly created tag where I've just typo'd an existing tag and hit enter as I add multiple tags to a note at speed.

I have a fairly structured tagging system so adding new tags is a very infrequent occurrence compared to using them.

I appreciate this may not be for everyone, so a setting to enable/disable the confirmation would be ideal.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Good suggestion,  and I can see the attraction,  but you already qualified your comments with "adding new tags.. infrequent" and "may not be for everyone"...  Given that any new feature takes development and testing time - which eventually boils down to cash money - is it worth Evernote spending time developing something that may be used by some of their users occasionally?  IMHO this is a 'nice to have' for when the team doesn't have anything more important to do.

Valid points, and it isn't a priority I agree.  "Nice to have" is a fair categorisation.

It is a pain point for me though, hence the suggestion, and it doesn't feel like a huge thing to implement.

The "adding new tags being infrequent" was poorly explained - what I was trying to say was that the number of times I actually *want* to add a tag is infrequent, the number of times I accidentally add a new tag is significantly more often. Having an "Are you sure" prompt would save me a lot more time than it would waste.

I can only speak from my use case, but don't ask don't get 🙂

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, RobColes said:

don't ask don't get

Totally agree - and it's good to have users that can and will contribute ideas freely.  I just sayin' - best not to hold your breath... ;)