Let the Chinese Evernote (YinXiang) Takes over

autosunoval

Idea

Every time the Chinese Evernote releases a new feature, My anger with Evernote grows accordingly. They added support for  Markdown. Days ago, they just released a new feature of putting sticky notes to the desktop.

https://help.yinxiang.com/hc/articles/80397?preview=hctop

It has been many years I did not see big changes introduced to Evernote despite the overwhelming feature requests posted here.  Why Evernote could not merge the code with YinXiang. Better yet, let them take over the feature development if it could not be done here.

2 replies to this idea

Hi, it appear that Evernote China has implemented a lot of new features lately, such as mind mapping capability, sticky note on window, build in to-do notebook structure...etc.

Can i know what is plan for Evernote international version, will it consider to have similar features?

Honestly am thinking of switching to China version.

• Level 5

These are not 2 releases of the same thing, these are 2 different companies, running apps that came from on source, far back, before they split up.

Thus there is no "international" version of EN. There is just one version of EN.

And there is the Chinese offspring, completely on its own. They seem to be quite active, which is good.

Feel free to switch over there, but it is a different entity. Cloud storage will be on Chinese servers. State security will sure look after your backups ...

• Like 1