Private Notes?

modastaff

Idea

Is there a way to make a specific note within a notebook private? I have a passcode on the app as a whole, but would love to be able to make a specific note private as well. Is there anyway to do this? I’m on iOS as I’m asking this. 

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

What's your definition of "private"?

I use encryption for security purposes.
Evernote has a text encryption feature (Mac/Win).  I also use the native encryption in attachments - pdfs, office/word documents, ...

My definition of private would be that the note doesn’t show up automatically without another step if someone happened to be on the computer and able to see what was there. I don’t know how to do the native encryption for text on iOS.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, modastaff said:

I don’t know how to do the native encryption for text on iOS.

Sorry, I should have indicated text encryption is a Mac/Win feature.  I updated the post.

>>able to make a specific note private as well ...the note doesn’t show up automatically without another step

Private Notes is currently not an Evernote feature.

I moved the discussion to the feature request forum.

>>if someone happened to be on the computer and able to see what was there.

And the someone knows your password(s)

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Rob van Vliet said:

With a quick hack it is also usable on Android and web: create a template note with encrypted text, duplicate it for new notes.

And we are back to the question of how on Android and Web do we create a template note with encrypted text.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Rob van Vliet said:

create a template note with encrypted text

Using the Windows client, it does not appear that is possible.  If the note contains encrypted content then the Save as Template option is grayed out.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Using the Windows client, it does not appear that is possible.  If the note contains encrypted content then the Save as Template option is grayed out.

There's nothing stopping a user from just using the "template" note" in their own database, and duplicating/copying it as needed, is there? I do that rather than using the Template system, though I don't use note encryption... 

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, jefito said:

There's nothing stopping a user from just using the "template" note" in their own database, and duplicating/copying it as needed, is there? I do that rather than using the Template system, though I don't use note encryption... 

They can do that but on iOS, as best as I can tell, you cannot change the contents of the encrypted text. 

Archived