Evernote desktop says "not responding" as soon as it loads

As soon as I launch Evernote on my new Lenovo Ideapad 330 it becomes unresponsive.The Android app and website are unaffected. I am sure that it worked when I first installed it. I remember going in to set up a folder to automatically import files into Evernote (Which has not worked since).  The desktop app shows no notes whenever I re-install it and if I let it sit, the notes up to the date it was installed show up. Before I click anything, it looks normal - just waiting to be used but the instant I try to click anything it becomes unresponsive and says that it is unresponsive. 

I have un-installed and re-installed the program, twice from the Evernote website and once from the Microsoft store. I have used the Windows 10 settings to try to "repair" it and and also tried the "reset" option with no change. I have tried to let the app sit for hours in the unresponsive state with no change. 

Any suggestions? I don't know what else to try.

dlt85

• Level 5*

You should try the steps here. You will proably have to resort to the most drastic of removing the local install and renaming the database and starting over with a fresh download from the cloud.

Also, just before you do this, run a chkdsk /f on your PC. It will take time, but will ensure that the issue isn't hardware.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:06 AM, dit85 said:

Any suggestions? I don't know what else to try.

Well-known issue, one of the arch problems this application suffers from and one that is certainly not related to hardware issues. 

All one can do is stop syncing at start-up. The Evernote server(s) are amongst the most sluggish and unresponsive of all data hosting servers one can come across these days. 

So, do not blame your machine, just hope for improvement. All the complaints of notes lost and so on point to transmitting errors due to server overload.

Archived