note text missing since thursday already! (in new interface)

McVitas

Hello, somebody tell me what the heck's happening. It started yesterday that in Google Chrome I don't see text of any note, just subject! I tried in FireFox - it told me that I have to use legacy interface because the new one works only in Chrome (new browser tyranny starting I guess...?) and in FireFox in legacy interface it works.

Please update me on status of this issue and ETA of resolution.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, McVitas said:

Hello, somebody tell me what the heck's happening. It started yesterday that in Google Chrome I don't see text of any note, just subject! I tried in FireFox - it told me that I have to use legacy interface because the new one works only in Chrome (new browser tyranny starting I guess...?) and in FireFox in legacy interface it works.

Please update me on status of this issue and ETA of resolution.

Which version are you using.  There's Classic, Current and Beta.  Classic and Beta have issues.

Sorry this is a difficult question. One day Evernote asked me if I want to try the new UI and I said yes 😉

Anyway my Evernote switched to classic version when I logged in via FireFox. Now I opened Chrome and it was still classic. In the bottom left icon I clicked "switch to the new EverNote web", so this is whatever version I was using and you ask me about.

So I just found out it works on my other pc without this problem! I can see notes text in Chrome in this new EverNote web. But it DOES NOT work on my work laptop. Chrome versions are the same and current.

I just deleted 10 cookies from evernote.com and nothing have changed. Seems like I will have to stick with the older version of web app on this laptop...

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, McVitas said:

Sorry this is a difficult question. One day Evernote asked me if I want to try the new UI and I said yes 😉

Anyway my Evernote switched to classic version when I logged in via FireFox. Now I opened Chrome and it was still classic. In the bottom left icon I clicked "switch to the new EverNote web", so this is whatever version I was using and you ask me about.

So I just found out it works on my other pc without this problem! I can see notes text in Chrome in this new EverNote web. But it DOES NOT work on my work laptop. Chrome versions are the same and current.

I just deleted 10 cookies from evernote.com and nothing have changed. Seems like I will have to stick with the older version of web app on this laptop...

Yeah, either Classic or Current should work fine.  Beta will not.  The new UI request was most likely for Beta.

I am sorry, but you didn't explain to me nothing. I don't understand which UI is beta and which one is current. You keep talking about beta not working, but I did not request any participation in some early adoption program, so would I get some beta UI?

I said it works on one of my pc and does not on another, so I am wondering why doesn't it work on two Win10 systems with the same browser?
So please just tell me - is this "current" or beta UI? www.evernote.com/client/web

as you can see there is no text on the right side but there is a text snippet in the list

350657445_Vstiek.JPG.af730b0cf94f5c583edf25f01b8a63a7.JPG

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, McVitas said:

I am sorry, but you didn't explain to me nothing. I don't understand which UI is beta and which one is current. You keep talking about beta not working, but I did not request any participation in some early adoption program, so would I get some beta UI?

I said it works on one of my pc and does not on another, so I am wondering why doesn't it work on two Win10 systems with the same browser?
So please just tell me - is this "current" or beta UI? www.evernote.com/client/web

as you can see there is no text on the right side but there is a text snippet in the list

Click on your username and select settings and go to Account Summary.  Down the page you should see something like the below for Evernote Web.  .  Whichever is missing is the one that is being used.  In my case I must be using Current because the options are to switch to Classic or Beta.  Make sense?

ScreenClip.png.8b38cd938807c4879c30903a10ca5024.png

Evernote Web

You’re using the new Evernote Web Beta
Go back to current version

interesting, so I have probably agreed on some beta program, but don't remember it. When I click Go back to current version this is what I see.

Evernote-current.JPG.4c2184fd25bb718c0f482d70d3f4788c.JPG

In settings I have

Evernote Web is all new! Try it now.

If I go to beta version I have that missing text problem. So it seems there is only two versions for me: beta and current. I don't see any option to go to classic. But it does not matter too much. I just need something that works. I was thinking that beta and current might have the same UI design, but they are very different as you see.

Archived