Auto Updated ToDo list

dustov

Idea

Is there a way to have self-updating note template?  For example, if you wanted to create a running To Do list that would automatically populate every new note that you created and then when it was updated, by deleting and adding items, would automatically carry those changes on to the next new note that you created by simply clicking the "Create a new note" button?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 12/18/2018 at 7:55 AM, dustov said:

create a running To Do list

Each of my tasks is a separate note; my running To Do list is the note list generated by running the current task search

>>automatically populate every new note that you created and then when it was updated, by deleting and adding items, would automatically carry those changes on to the next new note that you created by simply clicking the "Create a new note" button?

Is there a reason I'd want to automatically populate new notes with this information?
I do populate my daily journal; just dragging from the note list (copy links) to the journal note

I could write a script (Mac) to refresh note content.
Third party Fiterize has an option to refresh Table of Contents entries

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dustov said:

Is there a way to have self-updating note template?  For example, if you wanted to create a running To Do list that would automatically populate every new note that you created and then when it was updated, by deleting and adding items, would automatically carry those changes on to the next new note that you created by simply clicking the "Create a new note" button?

Evernote has no way to do this -- Evernote doesn't provide automated services to muck with your note content (aside from OCR, I suppose). Maybe a 3rd party option, per DTLow. One thing: the "Create a new note" button would be a terrible way to achieve this: most people don't have the scenario that every note they create is an automated update of one single note in your note collection. A separate, specific option keyed to the currently selected note, sure, but not via "Create a new note".

Archived