Copying while dragging text into Outlook Email

Able to drag and copy text from Evernote to Microsoft Applications, Word and WordPad, but not to Microsoft Outlook Email. Able to drag and copy text from Outlook Email to Evernote, but all the copied text is underlined. This is a bug in release 6.16.4.8094. Can you fix it?

Evernote 6.16.4.8094 Problem--Copying Text by Dragging into Outlook Email
  • Level 5*

I just dragged text from Outlook (build 1812 from Office 365) into a note in Evernote and it came over with most formatting intact as expected, and not all underlined. I can also drag text from a note in Evernote into Outlook just fine.

EdH, Thanks for taking the time to respond to my issue.

I do not have Microsoft Outlook 365. I am using Outlook Email Client @ Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email. The two are different. Do you have an Outlook.live/mail account? If you do, then you will encounter this bug too.

• Level 5*

So you aren't using the outlook client, but a web browser? Just do CTRL-C from Evernote, and CTRL-V from within the email message. There are too many variables in dragging and dropping from Evernote to a web based box to handle things like: what is the box expecting, HTML, RTF, plain text? What extensions are installed? What javascript is preprocessing the text? etc.

Archived