(Archived) Lack of feedback

Is there anyone manning the store?

The Welcome, and FAQ (read this first)

by engberg on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 pm

in the general discuss > I wanted to find the suggestion place but the links are bad.

No prenamed suggestions forum either.

What is up with that. Do you dislike your users?

I don't get it. I have written software myself and it seems one would make it easy for users to make suggestions.

I get the feeling that the developers of Evernote don't value users suggestions very highly if they can't even manage to provide plentiful suggestion locations. I noticed this with some other developers also. Must be much trouble. After all you have your feature set wish list in mind already and users may clamor for something that you didn't want to do.

If this sounds bitter, you brought it on your self. Why not have a permanent feature request list that people could add to and/or vote for already list features that they want most. Limit to top three choices.

I can't understand why any developer would not do this. Maybe you can tell me a good reason.

Another thing the software should have a direct link to the suggestion box or list. Again why not? What are you afraid of?

===

OK, now I can get to my request. I have been using Evernote for years. I really want the ability to modify the clips. As it is now it is 25% useful. 100% would be three additions for me. One is a yellow highlight tool on selected text. Second would be changing font size of selected text. Third would be adding my own notes in a different color. Then I can add value to the content I clip.

Is there some copyright issue or something that prevent you from doing this? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Maybe you see the clipped content as pure and not to be sullened. I for one do not share my Evernotes. They are a memory and print facilitation tool for me.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

• Level 5
The Welcome, and FAQ (read this first)

by engberg on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 pm

What's wrong with a Create Date?

in the general discuss > I wanted to find the suggestion place but the links are bad.

Confusing question. To add a suggestion, just post it on the forum.

No prenamed suggestions forum either.

Huh? One could make the argument there are too many prenamed forums

Evernote for Windows

Evernote for Mac

Evernote for the Web

Evernote Mobile

General Discussions about Evernote

Evernote for Developers

Evernote localization

and a few others

What is up with that. Do you dislike your users?

Kind of a snotty question. The majority of the 3 million users don't feel that way. Evernote goes out of its way to stay in touch. Podcasts, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Help desk, Forum,

I don't get it. I have written software myself and it seems one would make it easy for users to make suggestions.

Pretty easy - just post your suggestion. Evernote will read it and make a prioritization decision on what to do with it.

If this sounds bitter, you brought it on your self. Why not have a permanent feature request list that people could add to and/or vote for already list features that they want most. Limit to top three choices.

With 3 million users , voting by the small subset of forum users is not helpful at all. The posts with responses that say +, ++, or add me, or yup - they don't add any value to the forum.

I can't understand why any developer would not do this. Maybe you can tell me a good reason.

Another thing the software should have a direct link to the suggestion box or list. Again why not? What are you afraid of?

Your questions come across like a Troll. Evernote is very open and responds to comments constantly.

Archived