When I create and copy a shared link on Evernote Desktop (Windows) this link doesn't works. I use the link as text hyperlink on a Evernote note, but the hyperlink fails when click it in Android app. The error message (in spanish) is: "por favor, asegúrate de que tu cuenta está sincronizada y que está nota no se ha eliminado. Si eres el propietario de la nota, debes haber iniciado sesión en la cuenta asociada a esta nota". I started sesión in the owner account's note but. 

Any help? 

Screenshot_20181018-174134.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  The error message "please make sure your account is synchronized and that the note has not been deleted. If you are the owner of the note, you must have logged in to the account associated with this note" suggests that the Android app is either unable to find the note,  or is unable to access the URL to load the necessary page.  Does the link work from your Windows device?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

As far as I can tell,  my beta version of Android allows me to follow links when I need to do so.  You could try to uninstall and restart / reinstall Evernote on your Android to see if that improves the situation,  or wait for this version to come out as a public release.  You could also try to contact Evernote via Twitter on @EvernoteHelps.  Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information: after open a ticket via @EvernoteHelps, this is the answer received from Evernote:

I understand that you are unable to open public links from the Evernote app on Android. Evernote Web and public links do not work on mobile devices due to the Web browser being incompatible with public links. You can only open public links from a web browser on a desktop.

gazumped, are you capable of open public links in your beta Evernote app on Android?

Thank you.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, cverdul said:

are you capable of open public links in your beta Evernote app on Android?

Not sure what the author of the comment means. 

I created a public link in my own Evernote account (i.e. it wasn't in a note shared to me) - and I emailed it to myself.  If I click the link in that email on my Galaxy Tablet,  a mobile browser web page opens to show me the note.  If I click the link directly on my phone,  the note immediately opens in Evernote. 

If I tap and hold the link on the phone,  I get destination options.  I chose my browser,  and again the note loaded fine.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I embedded a public URL link into another note in the same database expecting it to jump to the other note,  but that also opened successfully in my browser.  Are you getting your URL through the 'share' dialogue on the note?

Thank you for your patience, gazumped ?.

I get the public link from Evernote Desktop using the 'Compartir\Copiar enlace para compartir' menu option (look at the attached image). In english the menu option may be 'Share \ Copy link to share'. Then I paste the link into another note in the same database. This hyperlink doesn't works in my Android. I want the note opens in Android app, although it would be enough that the note opens in a web browser. Nothing happens except the error message  "please make sure your account is synchronized and that the note has not been deleted. If you are the owner of the note, you must have logged in to the account associated with this note"

One mistery.

Evernote Compartir.JPG

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, cverdul said:

One mistery.

Indeed.  There are no settings in Evernote (Windows or Android) -that I'm aware of- that would make this happen.  I do get my link in a slightly different way...

The share note option in Windows gives me a wider set of options,  and shows the link as a URL.  Are your links in the same format?

391520066_sharemenu.jpg.edacd3f4945d2b064a62731afc627ae0.jpg

266969143_sharemenu2.thumb.jpg.ccb96fc918633e1d2eb95547a3023f71.jpg

1131266534_showsurl.thumb.jpg.6c59f2dadb00db9d7e0efd54756700ae.jpg

Hi gazumped.

Here it is one public link in the same format: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEwWppVJlu9BWY7_Hc7P41-VcLiCTbcA4hE/

Is the same format that you. Entering in the 'Share note' button, this is my 'Share with Evernote' window (see attachment).

The internal links work fine. The public links have one problem in my Android app. Wich Android version do you have?

Evernote Compartir 2.JPG

• Level 5*

Interesting.  If I copy that link to my Android 6.0 phone,  I get "cannot open the note since you may not have permissions to access it or it has been moved".  Exactly the same link in the same email on my Android 7.0 tablet opens in a browser,  with an option to 'View in Evernote'.  Clicking the same link on my desktop does the same. 

The link shown in the address bar however doesn't look anything like the one in your post - it's pretty horrible in full -

https://www.evernote.com/client/snv?noteGuid=16a69549-96ef-4159-8eff-1dcecfe35f95&noteKey=70b8824db700e211&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs76%2Fsh%2F16a69549-96ef-4159-8eff-1dcecfe35f95%2F70b8824db700e211&title=Comprar

- but that link works on my Android 6.0 phone!

(Not sure if that helps anyone...)

My Android version is a 8.0.0. It maybe relevant.

The answer from Evernote's team about incompatibility with public links in Android will refer to newer versions. I expect they solve this in future.

Thanks for all, gazumped.

• 1 year later...

I cannot open my own notes on my Android phone using a working shareable link I made from Evernote Windows Desktop App from any app (tried Google Keep and WhatsApp Messenger). The Error message I get: "Cannot open the note since you may not have the permission to access it or...." (see Attachment 1-3). But it works fine if I open it on Android Chrome browser..  (see Attachment 4)...

Shareable Link (created on Evernote Windows Desktop App): https://www.evernote.com/l/AZY0oS0vOMZLV617OFt7lC8Di2HflX9Lrbc/

On the other hand, If I created the shareable link from Evernote Android app, I can open my note both on my Android phone and on Desktop Chrome browser using that link

Shareable Link (created on Evernote Android App😞 https://www.evernote.com/shard/s406/sh/34a12d2f-38c6-4b57-ad7b-385b7b942f03/8b61df957f4badb7fecab7efbdad6f45

Btw I'm using Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Android 9 | MiUI Global 11.0.6.0

It's been almost 2 years since this thread is open.. Pls fix this issue 🙏

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Jason Yapri said:

I cannot open my own notes on my Android phone using a working shareable link I made from Evernote Windows Desktop App

Hi. Why exactly are you trying to open your own note with a shareable link rather than the app?  And how did you get the link,  because my shared links look like this:  https://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/afa49f5b-fed2-43fd-aa15... etc

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi. Why exactly are you trying to open your own note with a shareable link rather than the app?  And how did you get the link,  because my shared links look like this:  https://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/afa49f5b-fed2-43fd-aa15... etc

Hi! Thanks for your reply 🙏

I created the link using Copy Share URL (Ctrl + /). Even if I use the Share Note > Copy the Shareable link, I will get the same link from Evernote Windows App v6.25.1.9091 (309091).

Link: https://www.evernote.com/l/AZY0oS0vOMZLV617OFt7lC8Di2HflX9Lrbc/

Recently, I write many summaries of Webinars I join, and share it to my friends via Windows WhatsApp messenger using shareable link. They usually comment on some part of the notes, and when they do, I want to reopen the notes on my Android phone.. This is where the problem lies as mentioned above.

But I notice since many of them don't have Evernote installed on their phone, the link will direct them to the browser instead and it works just fine. As for me, because I have Evernote installed, I can't open the link.. which is so weird for me..

image.png

image.png

• Level 5*

OK I see where you got the link from - I believe there's supposed to be some coding magic built into it that will give you your note body if you're logged into the app,  or open a browser if not; though I just tried a link from one of my notes and got the browser version...<confused>... If you check the browser address bar though,  you'll see that the actual address shown has the 'shard' name included - the Ctrl+/ version goes through a redirect of some sort.

It appears all of the above makes your notes public so anyone with the link is (supposedly) able to see them.

As a possible option have you looked into Postach.io?  It publishes a notebook from your account as a blog site with a constant URL of <notebookname>.postach.io and takes care of general formatting and indexing on the fly - just add a new note to your notebook with the tag 'published' and it appears online.  Seems like a much simpler way of circulating your reviews...

• Thanks 1
On 8/25/2020 at 6:33 PM, gazumped said:

OK I see where you got the link from - I believe there's supposed to be some coding magic built into it that will give you your note body if you're logged into the app,  or open a browser if not; though I just tried a link from one of my notes and got the browser version...<confused>... If you check the browser address bar though,  you'll see that the actual address shown has the 'shard' name included - the Ctrl+/ version goes through a redirect of some sort.

It appears all of the above makes your notes public so anyone with the link is (supposedly) able to see them.

As a possible option have you looked into Postach.io?  It publishes a notebook from your account as a blog site with a constant URL of <notebookname>.postach.io and takes care of general formatting and indexing on the fly - just add a new note to your notebook with the tag 'published' and it appears online.  Seems like a much simpler way of circulating your reviews...

Yup, the quick temporary solution would be to copy and paste the link from Evernote Desktop and paste it on the browser first, then copy the generated link to my WhatsApp~

Although, the link turns out to be very long depending on the title of the note itself

Thanks for ur prompt response :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Having the same issue on the Android app - cannot open links with the same message as the OP. Steps to reproduce:

- copy a link url from the email app (url of a Microsoft Teams meeting)
- past the url into a note in the Evernote app
- save the note
- open the note and click the link
- toast message appears, link does not open

Long pressing the link to copy is not possible either. A fix would be highly appreicated.