Advanced Search

Pepperwell

Idea

The more I put into Evernote the fuller and quicker I need its search functionality to be.  I understand there are all kinds of advanced search phrases one can use - if you can actually remember them - but would it not be much simpler just to have an Advanced Search option so that one could enter text in the key fields - ie. Title, Tags, Date etc?  InfoClick does precisely this with email.  Thank you.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 10/18/2018 at 1:57 AM, Pepperwell said:

that you can't search by Title.  A box with a variety of fields would be so much more efficient.

The search-builder box did display a "variety of fields"
Title was missing; fwiw  the search argument is   title:aaaaaaaaaa
Documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

On 10/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, Pepperwell said:

The more I put into Evernote the fuller and quicker I need its search functionality to be.  I understand there are all kinds of advanced search phrases one can use - if you can actually remember them - but would it not be much simpler just to have an Advanced Search option so that one could enter text in the key fields - ie. Title, Tags, Date etc?  InfoClick does precisely this with email.  Thank you.

I support this idea. I have tried to learn the search grammar but I am other systems too and forget the details.  Would love to have a search page.

Today I needed to find notes I created back in August. I had to google how to create the search string - and typing this on an iPhone is error prone. 

created:20180806 -created:20180815

A search function/form with options would be really useful. Thanks. 

Archived