Evernote lost one of my most important note

willy_woo@hotmail.com

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Note history is only available to Evernote Premium and Business users. 

The Note History backup is running all the time, for all accounts.

Access to the data is a paid premium account feature.  Users can subscribe for a single month.
An alternative is for users to run their own backups.  No  payment is required to Evernote.

I  use both solutions to recover lost data; regardless if the gremlins are in the program, my fingers, my computer, ...

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The Note History backup is running all the time, for all accounts.

Access to the data is a paid account feature.  Users can subscribe for a single month.
An alternative is for users to run their own backups.  No  payment is required to Evernote.

I  use both resources to recover lost data; regardless if the gremlins are in the program, my fingers, my computer, ...

Evernote Plus user here and have been for many years. When I click on note history, this shows up and in the link your provided it says, that its for premium and business users. Where do you get information that its for everyone. 

sshot-2.png

EDIT: I see you are saying we have to pay for bugs. If I have to pay for it, why is that ok? If evernote loses my data because of their bug, now they expect me to pay for their bug too.... on top of what I'm already paying. That might be possible to retrieve that data, but come on. Its extortion. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Evernote Plus user here and have been for many years. When I click on note history, this shows up and in the link your provided it says, that its for premium and business users. Where do you get information that its for everyone. 

You are correct; I used the term "paid account feature" without considering there's still  grandfathered Plus accounts.
I will correct my post to say "premium account feature"

>>If evernote loses my data because of their bug
You can contact Evernote Support and explain the situation.  They have been known to allow free access.

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

You are correct; I used the term "paid account feature" without considering theres grandfathered Paid accounts.
I will correct my post to say "premium account feature"

>>If evernote loses my data because of their bug
You can contact Evernote Support and explain the situation.  They have been known to allow free access.

Yes, I have still the old account. And I guess they changed the new account policies. 

"You can contact Evernote Support and explain the situation.  They have been known to allow free access."

Hmm. In the past much like the original poster I got no reply. Too little staff and too many bugs for them to care. Which is the whole frustration of the original poster I imagine. So while on paper this looks like solution, it has been my experience that in the past few years on 4 occasions I had contacted them I only got someone to talk to one time and they were not much help. And this was in early days, which ultimately brought me to join the forums in hope of finding answers to problems. 

Archived