Add device

Cor K

Hello

I asked a question earlier about how to add a new device to Evernote, but forgot to mention that the device I want to add, the lcd screen is currently damaged, so I cant even log into Evernote with it.

Please help

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Cor K said:

the device I want to add, the lcd screen is currently damaged, so I cant even log into Evernote with it.

Is there a purpose in "adding" the device?

The problem is my old Evernote notes are on my damaged phone...

When I actually log into Evernote, the device page is only showing my current device, but I need to see notes from my damaged device

Please help...

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Cor K said:

The problem is my old Evernote notes are on my damaged phone...

When I actually log into Evernote, the device page is only showing my current device, but I need to see notes from my damaged device

Be aware that Evernote is a cloud service.  
The master version of your notes is stored on the Evernote servers via the sync process.
Note content is not stored on mobile devices after syncing (exception for offline notebooks).

>>So do Evernote need my damaged Android model number ...

No, Evernote needs you to use the device and login to your account 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Cor K said:

However, I did log in, but it produced notes from my phone I had in 2016, when I really need my notes from 2017/18, which are on my damaged phone

Is it possible you have two different accounts?  Your 2017 notes are in the other account.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Cor K said:

But that email is not active

I understand; email can't be sent to that email account

Now lets get back to logging into the Evernote account to access your 2017 notes

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Cor K said:

Where do we go from here?

You have two different accounts; 
- 2016 notes
- 2017 notes

To view your 2016 notes; login with your account-id/password
To view your 2017 notes; login with your account-id/password

But when I try to log in to old email, I cant recall old password...

I then press "forgot password" but then I would need to renew password through my old email which I dont use anymore.

Very frustrating!

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Cor K said:

But when I try to log in to old email, I cant recall old password...

I then press "forgot password" but then I would need to renew password through my old email which I dont use anymore.

Contact Evernote Support at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

They can help you with the password problem

Yep! I'm back at the very beginning...

Been having email conversations with Evernote for the past week! No solution yet and they're very slow with their response time!

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your help

Cor K, I feel your pain!  I had Evernote on my Iphone and PC.  I must have had them under 2 separate email addresses.  So, they sent me an "Upgrade" notice so I can "sync" all my devices.  Well, I upgraded and now all my newest Evernote files are gone.  I only have the info up to July 2018.  I have been saving  lot of my medication information in Evernote and now it is gone.

I am SO frustrated with Evernote right now and there is no "live person" you can talk to.  Very, very disappointed and will not recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Level 5*
On 9/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, Krissynes said:

I had Evernote on my Iphone and PC.  I must have had them under 2 separate email addresses.  So, they sent me an "Upgrade" notice so I can "sync" all my devices.  Well, I upgraded and now all my newest Evernote files are gone.  I only have the info up to July 2018.  I have been saving  lot of my medication information in Evernote and now it is gone.

There's two different issues here.

1. Basic accounts have a limit of two simultaneous devices.  No limit for paid accounts
  2. Your notes are not "gone".  They are stored in your other account and can be accessed by logging in with the userid/password

Archived