Jump to line (bookmark or "Go to")

WoodrowShigeru

Idea

I wish there was a way to jump to specific lines within one note.

Some of my notes are often ~500 lines long. It can easily become quite cumbersone to manually scroll up and down between the two or more paragraphs that I'm currently editing.

TextPad, Notepad++ and PhpStorm have this great feature usually called "Bookmark" where you can set (or toggle) a flag on a line with F3, and jump to them with F2. That would be tremendously helpful.

Another good option would be to display the line numbers (as also suggested here [1]) and then let me "Go to Line …" via a prompt where I can directly enter that line number – another feature common in such text editors.

… At the very least, you could just display the line numbers, so that people could have a chance to remember the lines themselves "the old fashioned way" (human memory) and find them more comfortably.

[1]: 

3 replies to this idea

I like this idea and voted up.

I generally break my notes with sub-headlines. I would like to have an option where I can switch within "sections" of a note. It is pretty standard in my notes, like a template. Definitely would welcome this "bookmark" / section idea to move within a note quicker.

I normally have;

• Notes
  • Next Actions
  • Reference Files
  • Status

I update the status section as I work on the note with time stamps so would be nice to get there quickly and then go back to my original notes under the notes section.

Archived